Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Encore 20A Devastator($103 shipped on Anime Export) or Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker. ($113 shipped on TRU USA)
    TC is essential for my uprising TC collection, but that's a cheap price for Devastator and he looks pretty cool. I love the cards as well.
    I just can't decide!!!

I really want the TC as a centerpiece for my TC collection, but I LOVE those cards, the toys AND the box on Devastator!!!
    UUGGHHH!!! This is so frustrating!
    Seems like your already leaning towards MP-TC so I say go for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    That's a valid point but that's why a lot of MISB collectors will also buy duplicates in loose form for the ones they really want to enjoy and play with. MISB collecting is all about the idea of keeping a prized toy in its perfect, untouched, original state, for investment potential yes, but also for the ownership of something that can become the envy and holy grail of serious collectors many years later.

For example, I will buy loose toys of the ones I really like so I can play with them and use them in my comics, but I'll always want a MISB one as well in my collection.
    I remember when they were talking about the 10 richest people in the country and all I could think was "Wow, if I had their money I could by 8 Collectors Edition Sixshots! 1 for MISB, 1 for playing with and 6 to have on display - 1 in each transformation!"

And to think, these fools just by 2 million dollar sports cars. What a waste!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Seems like your already leaning towards MP-TC so I say go for that one.
    +1. My reasoning is that TC is only going up in price and rarity from here, where as the Devi box set is not as likely to. That can wait. Go for TC!

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I remember when they were talking about the 10 richest people in the country and all I could think was "Wow, if I had their money I could by 8 Collectors Edition Sixshots! 1 for MISB, 1 for playing with and 6 to have on display - 1 in each transformation!"

And to think, these fools just by 2 million dollar sports cars. What a waste!
    Heh. Well thankfully, I don't collect Sixshot.

I think I might go TC, but that 30% off is convincing me.

I'd go Encore Devvie if I were you. While MP Thundercracker may be hard to find, the fact is that it's still a Hasbro release that did come out in Australian stores... so you have better odds of finding an MP Thundercracker later on, whereas there's zero chance of finding Encore Devastator in stores here since that's a TakaraTOMY exclusive toy. Unless you wanna wait and see if Hasbro releases their own G1 Devastator reissue, but even if they do, it might not get released by Hasbro Australia.

It's the recent Encore 20a (anime), as Anime export have 30% off TFs.

MP TC appears to have a greater chance of achieving a greater price rise, as so far there has been no 1:1 reissue of MP moulds I believe, also the initial supply of TC's seems to have been insufficient to meet demand - so there are more other people out there wanting the mould as well. This is opposed to the G1 reissue (which primarily appeals to the seasoned collectors market). If you're dead set on acquiring both of them within an indefinite timeframe, then I'd suggest TC to hedge against a greater future collective spend.

I agree with Gok's logic, but realistically there hasn't been an MP TC sighting in a while (in NSW/VIC threads at least), so if there's one obscure piece of undocumented stock left in all the stores (a refund that didn't get scanned properly into the system, or a piece of stock that was left out during scan count), is it worth holding onto hope and calling up/driving around to a N number of stores?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

So here is my decision to make :
    I have reissue Fort Max on Pre order which should ship in a couple of weeks, while I was waiting for it I threw a bid at an original Fort Max on evil bay and somehow won it for a fair price, it was shipped on Friday so will be here shortly.
    The cost for both of these combined is quite a chunk of change so I have to decide whether to keep both which limits my purchases for a while or do I sell one off? And then which one to sell?
    I have always craved an original as it's a grail but the reissue would be so minty for display
    Any thoughts on this tough one?

I reckon you should sell the original, as it has a far greater chance of breaking and yellowing. You should also be able to sell it for quite a hefty price, which arguably could be more than the reissue, for the moment, at least.
    And yes, minty minty. If an original means that much, take that one by all means.