Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1323282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Trying to decide whether to go the Takara version or the Hasbro version of the new Generations Leader Class Megatron. They cost pretty much the same unless you go the G1/Armada 2 pack from BBTS which lowers the cost to $45US per figure.

Any suggestions to which is the better? I cant tell from the pics.

Geez, its like you are in my brain man! I got the same message and am weighing up the exact same things and hold pretty much the same opinions.

Maybe to take the decision out of my hands I should just wait to see what you do
    copout!

Anime Export have the LG Megs up for preorder, pretty good price too.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Geez, its like you are in my brain man! I got the same message and am weighing up the exact same things and hold pretty much the same opinions.

Maybe to take the decision out of my hands I should just wait to see what you do
    So which way did you go?
    I have decided to let my membership lapse, I've had two emails now warning me that there are no credit card details on record. which is funny since I manually removed them myself the day before renewal was due. It's weird that there isn't just an option to select. please don't renew my membership.

Which set of generations stunticons to get, the Hasbro set or the Takara set?

they have clearly remoulded/painted deadend to create a wildrider. And it looks to me like Motor master is a much darker grey, and his silver highlights stand out a lot more, especially on the front of the truck cab and he has some purple paint apps that show up in combined mode on the legs that the Hasbro version doesn't have.

I like the contrast but it's also, less G1ish, at least as far as the toys go.

I am trying to decide if I want to order them on Anime Export before their pre-orders close, but I wonder if I care enough about the differences to justify waiting till August, or paying the extra against the mid year sale prices that I'm pretty confidant the Hasbro release will be here in time for.

penny for peoples thoughts?

Hasbro's is more toy-accurate and TakaraTOMY's is more show-like. So I guess if you're more keen on having show-like colours, and you're patient enough, then perhaps consider pre-ordering the TakaraTOMY versions. Otherwise I think that the Hasbro versions are fine.

If you're keen on Wildrider and definitely not Offroad, then perhaps Takara. You get all of the G1 guys in there and don't have to go through the possible hassle of tracking down a Hasbro Break-neck when he comes out. If you're not as fussed, either way is fine.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Which should I get? Leader Thrilling 30 Jetfire, or CW Voyager Silverbolt, Deluxe Skydive and Deluxe Alpha Bravo
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Which should I get? Leader Thrilling 30 Jetfire, or CW Voyager Silverbolt, Deluxe Skydive and Deluxe Alpha Bravo
    The latter.

I've caved and Pre-ordered at Anime Export, I should be able to ship it with Tracks later in the year.

I decided that I like the darker colouring of motormaster, it makes the combined form look less washed out.

Then I saw this at TFW.
    I think WildRider looks good, his chest is very similar to dead end with just different colours.
    As Paulbot pointed out on Twitter, Drag strip is a little bland but looks more like the original toy and show model. The link above shows some black colouring on his fuselage that represents the second pair of wheels.

Is it worth spending the $50+ (?!) on G1 Hound's jerry can in order to have a complete Hound to sell, i.e., will having the jerry can improve my chances of selling or getting a higher price at auction?

I don't think, so but if you want to buy mine for $50 let's speak