Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores selling Transformers in Japan

I only realised that you were going to Kansai just before you left Saintly... they speak a different dialect* from "standard" Japanese! Oops.

-------
    *Diver and Gusshar speak in Kansai dialect Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    sorry... don't really want to hi-jack the thread... but semi-related... any TF shops in Kyoto and Osaka? detailed instructions would be appreciative.

tempted to buy a PS3 but scared about the 100v incompatibility!
    I'm not sure about Kyoto, but if you go into Osaka, the place to go is DenDenTown.
    Here's a google map, not as detailed as my Akihabara one i'm afraid!

It's just a single street mostly.... you'll want to look in most shops as it is I remember Capsule Toy Store and Joshin Super Kids Land had a few. Herogangu i haven't visted myself, but apparantly they have a very impressive Japanese G1 offering. The map also includes the location of the fabled Toy Wholesaler if you don't mind a bit of a walk!
    Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 6th September 2009 at 02:03 AM.

darockk is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

in osaka, on the main street in den den town, look for a green walkway overpass and there is a pretty good toy shop that has older G1 stuff. its right at the foot of the overpass stairs.

That's Herogangu, they have the overpass on the map on their website.

tempted to buy a PS3 but scared about the 100v incompatibility!
    If the PS3 doesn't have the range for aus power, you can buy step up converter when you get back. Usually found in Dick smiths etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    If the PS3 doesn't have the range for aus power, you can buy step up converter when you get back. Usually found in Dick smiths etc etc.
    Hijack alert!!!!

Ok, I had a pretty good time in Akiba on Saturday.. I'll probably have another run at it next Sat but for now this is my take..

MP-6/MP-7 Skywarp/Thundercracker - I found a place selling both of these for 6000yen each because of "damage box" but really there is two slight dings at the back of each box - works out to about $150 for the two

ROTF Fallen from TRU Jack Mall because I seemed to missed out on this in Perth

In the backstreets on Akiba I found a shop selling TF's for 980 yen each - pretty cheap about $13 each - I got C10(Prowl)-C14(Ratchett)-C09(Sideswipe)-C17(Sunstreaker)
    This sort of style packaging
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3252/...e69e4947e2.jpg

Takara 2nd hand (but looks mint) 20 Kup w/ Wheelie - about $30

Revoltech Rodimus for a couple of other RV's from the same backstreet shop for a pricey 400yen each

2 ROTF Autobots/Decepticons Fridge Magnets 500 yen each

Street Fighter IV Revoltech stuff

A gold gundam dude from Todobashi

Encore Cassettes Vol.2 3800 yen

-----------------------------------------------------

I checked out some of the vintage G1 stuff but it seemed pretty expensive - tbh there is stuff on ebay I'm watching I'm more interested in so I passed - I'll have another look next Sat - my suitcase is already giving me funny looks
    Last edited by Jetfire; 7th September 2009 at 12:14 AM.

Am in Kyoto for at least till Wednesday.

thanks for the map, kurdt. I had listed DenDenTown and Herogangu shop but the rest would have been the case of walking discovery if it wasn't for your map.

The toy wholesaler is about the same distance for me as we'll be staying between shinsaibashi & shinsaibashisuji

gok, I couldn't tell the difference of the dialects unlike the chinese dialects. So at the moment, they all sound the same to me

thanks TC for the PS3 heads up. It's a pity that I already have one. And depending on time, I may be able to do you a posted favour as luggage space and sydney is the constraining factor. I've yet to use the JP postal service so I'm not sure how easy that is.

I saw these (http://shop.joshin.co.jp/shopdetail....6&line=0#19737) at Harajuku Kiddyland the other day, but don't really understand the point of them?

Sorry Jetfire for hijacking There's actually a couple of shops near Suehirocho Station Exit 1 (side) if you walk towards Akibahara

Transformers (electrical) are f'expensive in Australia! I recommend buying a step-up transformer while you're in Japan. I once bought a transformer from jaycar; cost me triple the price of one I bought in Akihabara and after about a year it stopped working.

Hey Saintly, just be careful with the PS3 purchase - can't remember which thread it was in, but someone mentioned that there are restrictions on what games you can play on the jap system. I think it refused to play Resistance due to the graphic nature of the game or something.

PS. Since we are practically neighbors, if you can grab me an Encore Cassettes Volume 2 for under $50 whilst you are there, me will love you long time.

Am in Kyoto for at least till Wednesday.

thanks for the map, kurdt. I had listed DenDenTown and Herogangu shop but the rest would have been the case of walking discovery if it wasn't for your map.

The toy wholesaler is about the same distance for me as we'll be staying between shinsaibashi & shinsaibashisuji

gok, I couldn't tell the difference of the dialects unlike the chinese dialects. So at the moment, they all sound the same to me

thanks TC for the PS3 heads up. It's a pity that I already have one. And depending on time, I may be able to do you a posted favour as luggage space and sydney is the constraining factor. I've yet to use the JP postal service so I'm not sure how easy that is.

I saw these (http://shop.joshin.co.jp/shopdetail....6&line=0#19737) at Harajuku Kiddyland the other day, but don't really understand the point of them?

Sorry Jetfire for hijacking There's actually a couple of shops near Suehirocho Station Exit 1 (side) if you walk towards Akibahara
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Hey Saintly, just be careful with the PS3 purchase - can't remember which thread it was in, but someone mentioned that there are restrictions on what games you can play on the jap system. I think it refused to play Resistance due to the graphic nature of the game or something.
    Yes, a JP PS3 will censor some games, also there has been problems with some multi player games that wont let to connect to local players, but that's pretty rare. stick with a local console IMO.