Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Have you got a link to where it was said?
    From Mattel's Q&A:
    Q: Can you please officially confirm (with direct links if possible, please) if it is accurate that subscribing to MOTUC 2013 using the cheaper "International Postal" option now means that I will NOT be eligible for replacement of defective stock, since this method is not trackable?

I already heard Toy Guru state that "lost-in-the-mail" figures will NOT be replaced if you choose this option, but is it also true that defective stock will not be replaced either?

My main problem is that I really DON'T require faster shipping and really can't afford it.
    So, I need to know officially and definitively if this is the case, and if so I'd like to know when this policy actually changed, because I've always got replacements for damaged stock in the past, despite always using the cheapest international shipping method available.

I would be a real shame to be forced to use a more expensive shipping method for no reason other than to ensure that defective product will be replaced -- this hardly seems fair, since Digital River always did it in the past.

A:Correct. We can only replace product that is trackable. If you would like to be able to return product you need to use a trackable shipping method.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3085806

So if you don't have trackable shipping option, they won't replace your figure even if it's defective.

It sounds that they won't even replace ONE figure if defective. You get a bad figure then 'Too bad'

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I think someone contacted DR and got that 'One figure' replacement statement (although, as Kup points out, it might actually be a "no replacement" for defective items). Plus, DR don't have a good track record of delivering accurate information.

I realise they don't want to get scammed, but what I don't understand is... they CURRENTLY use that system, so why the sudden change (given all the other crap that's going down)? They are actively making it harder for customers moving forward. And, fair is fair - many of us might consider ourselves having already been scammed by Mattel (broken Goddess/Snout Spout, yellowing Stay Puft, etc...).

I'm a bit curious about these web comics, they seem like they are the same random universe deal that we see with Transformers Club. Multiple universes seem to be an excuse for no story. Can anyone who has read them tell me if they are actually any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post

Now, I would buy Hitlor! I can smell a custom figure Although, don't suggest this on the org... they will ban you
    But you can't buy Hitlor, unless you have a sub, then you have to get unwanted figures like King Spector, Battleground Spector, and Nemesis Spector.

No I kid, I don't actually even really collect much MOTUC (only have four figures) but I've still got fan rage at how Mattel seems to be treating their customer base for MOTUC. It reminds me of other companies.

That's it Mattel you have joined my personal Axis of Evil toy and miniature companies, (don't get me started on my Axis of evil of software companies that list goes forever).

Lord Zed's personal Axis of Evil toy and miniature companies

Mattel (For blaming customers for the decline of what was once a good looking toyline)

Hasbro (for general incompetence and servitude to Wallmart)

Games Workshop (For constant price increases and draconian business practices)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

Mattel (For blaming customers for the decline of what was once a good looking toyline)

Hilarious.

So it is just the non track able method that doesn't get a replacement?

That gels with what I had already read, I just got a bit concerned about only one replacement per year with track able shipping

So it is just the non track able method that doesn't get a replacement?

That gels with what I had already read, I just got a bit concerned about only one replacement per year with track able shipping
    Hopefully that will not get officially confirmed but it is still pretty bad if you receive the faulty figure and Mattel won't exchange it just because you chose a cheaper shipping method. The figure arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

Awesome! Mine would be similar only that instead of Games Workshop. I would have EA games instead for acquiring awesome smaller developers and forcing them to release mediocre crap but they are not really a toy company.

...Yeah I can't think of any other toy company that has done me wrong in the past.

So Jazwares doesn't get a mention? They get great licenses and make crap figures

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I feel like I'm just bashing him all the time, but man... here's another Scott video. I suggest you watch it, but I could save you the effort and say he takes 4:11 minutes to say NOTHING! But at least it's available in HD right?

Here's the video

Watching it, my blood was boiling. There's nothing new, just tired old suggestions and promises. Why make a new video then? I wanna just a address some stuff. Basically the video doesn't give any new info, but he just rehashes the same 3 points... 1) Mattel's other sites don't offer int shipping at all, 2) try a pen-pal buddy system, and 3) He's "looking in to" a European distribution centre. So, as always, the "international fans" don't seem to include Australians. There seem to be no solutions for us at all. I realise we're small potatoes, but we still pay the same price as European fans and even US fans (adjusting for exchange rates, often more). Plus, he only said he's "looking in to " it... well all know he's been "looking in to" stuff for 4 years and nothing's changed!

Second point, is that he says (trying to talk up Sub sales of course) that
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    what we're offering is a subscription program that delivers these figures... to your doorstep
    No, what you're offering is a sales program that does that. I've never bought a Subscription, and my figures are delivered to my DOORSTEP. I don't need to buy a Sub for that! But he's trying to take that away, so it's only Sub or Die.

My favourite was the last point... changing addresses and CC details (Poe Ghostal has already documented that he's encountered problems with this). Now, as people will tell you, Scott's been promising for quite a while to have a "My Subscription" page up "soon". It's always "very close". A year ago he said "a couple of weeks". A year ago Now he says it's gonna go up...

in a matter of weeks, if not a month or 2. It will be up by January 2013.
    I love it. I actually did laugh. Now, I'm not a Subber so this issue doesn't bother me, but I feel sorry for everyone who's been WAITING for over a year. Might have to keep waiting!! The part that made me laugh was the uncertain, contradicting way he said it... it went from "weeks" to "months" to "by Jan 2013" all in the space of 5 seconds. So, can anyone tell me when it will be up?

Now, this is him allaying the fears of customers who are concerned there will be no improvements??? This is him "putting to rest" some of the concerns of potential Subbers who won't commit???

It's really easy to say stuff like...

Yes... (we) hear you clearly!
    Guys, take that off the table! If that's what's holding you off from getting a Subscription..? I am telling you it's fixed
    ...(Well... even though it's actually not "fixed" yet ) but it's a lot harder to actually do it. As some of the youtube comments suggest, this smacks of desperation from Scott to keep his job. Other toy companies don't have to make countless videos BEGGING customers to buy their products. Show some dignity man! It's embarrassing.

And of course he finishes with, what is now becoming his "catchphrase"... "We'll see ya in the toy aisles" (this, after explaining the difficult logistics of having toys at retail ) What is it with these guys now needing to have catchphrases (*Pixel Dan*)?

Lastly, I'd like to say Scott has completely forgotten what he's selling... he should be trying to sell MOTUC action figures, yet he spends all his time trying to sell Subscriptions. That's probably, in a nut shell, what's wrong with the line right now!

I like the Youtube comment that suggests he get a PR person. Seriously does acting like he does in these vids and badgering people into buying something ever work?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

...Yeah I can't think of any other toy company that has done me wrong in the past.
    I can, but that's for the lesser axis.

So Jazwares doesn't get a mention? They get great licenses and make crap figures
    As it's a personal axis, and I don't know who they are afraid not. I'm sure they are worthy of axisification though.