Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro MP Optimus coming to Australia October

I guess the logical reason the initial stock toysrus stores recieve is conservatively small because they plan on promoting it in a catalogue later and want to keep plenty in reserve for that. Also its selling fast because 1. even at full price its going to move, because its still reasonable. 2. The discount voucher is a big motivator. 3 This toy was released by takara overseas for twice as much!! and nearly everyone that collects is highly anticipating its release.

If the toy was a leader class bumblebee repaint the demand would be close to nil.
    When Masterpiece Grimlock was released, they had small quantities as well. But didn't move as quickly but did sell out. I can understand them not wanting to over order on something, they have to get it close to right.

It really sux that the shelves are filled with so many gimmicky products, really there needs to be more focus. Shelfwarming stuff can only poison the brand. If I was going off retail alone I would consider the brand dead!

agree w/ #2.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    agree w/ #2.
    I totally agree. As I said, everyone on the line at TrU (a big line) was using it to the point that the girl just scanned a photocopy she already had instead of the customer's as it was quicker.

Awesome customer service from toys r us. I bought MP OP on thursday night when they first hit shelves. I missed out on the coupon discount but went back today and they let me return the product and purchase again with the 25% discount. $112 is an awesome price.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If they are being snapped up by scalpers, I'd have expected some to have been listed on ebay by now... but none were there when I just looked.
    At least that's a good thing, if they are going to good homes (collectors/fans).

And be aware that there is supposed to be another shipment next month, if you miss out on this one.
    I'm just surprised that ebay prices in the US is higher than RRP here in Oz. I'll take a wild guess since parra fair is coming up that Masterpiece OP will make a sighting there.

Default Adelaide

Ok so far I have found out that apparently 2 Optimus prime mp are at Norlunga tru. Way too far for me to travel. So far tpp and geops x still saying they should be arriving any day. I'm in the financial position to buy an extra 1 if any one is as keen as I am. I'm going to be looking at both ttp and geops x tru tomorrow.

It has finally hit SA. TRU at Gepps Cross had 6 but I grabbed one so there are 5 left. It feels like I have been waiting forever for these to finally hit

Still none showing up on ebay.AU at all since they were released last weekend... so at least they are not being scalped (yet).

Default On hold Adelaide

If any one is keen I put one on hold in Adelaide and can no longer afford the second one I was going to buy for my son. Just had to spend $200 on my car. If any one keen the first person to inbox me will get the details.

Wrong State