Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man to join the Marvel movie universe!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's not as if any of the Avengers' secondary characters appear in the Avengers film (e.g. Pepper Potts, Jane Foster, Betty Ross, Peggy Carter etc.)...
    Maybe rewatch the Avengers a little closer...

So I guess AM3 & AM4 are cancelled then, leaving an annoying tease of things that were meant to come at the end of AM2.
    It was only just in October that Marvel and Sony had discussions about including Spiderman in the MCU with a brand new trilogy and in CA3 (according to the leak of Sony emails from the hack last year), which broke down due to Sony's demands on the screening rights... but really, this is a money-making idea that both parties can benefit from (drawing in people to their movies from the other movies... if not already), why do they need to be so greedy just to prevent someone else from making money.

It's like saying that if I can't have something, no one will... and destroy it just to prevent other people from benefiting as well, even though there was enough for everyone.
    (and too many reboots in a short time-frame is just going to drive away fans who get an attachment to a previous, yet recent, version)

What is with corporate greed... did they not learn from the GFC about trying to outdo each other instead of working together so that everyone benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Thank god. Now left X-men to rejoin the group.
    And the FF...

As for X-Men? I doubt Fox will be as desperate to hand over the rights to X-Men as Sony has been with Spider-Man - the recent X-Men films have been getting a bit more creatively on track after X-Men 3 and the first Wolverine film, not to mention profitable, whereas it could be argued that other than the brilliant casting of Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield, Sony have been a bit clueless as to what to do with Spiderman (Basically throwing villains at him in the second film and making up an illogical, complicated and pointless backstory for him. And who, may I ask, is clamouring for a Sinister Six film? Really?)

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    That is true.

But the sad fact is that they probably do have to look at ways of limiting the number of characters brought together, because the more main characters you cram into a cross-over film, the more expensive it gets if most of those main characters are big stars... as well as being problematic in getting everyone at the one place at the one time (many big name actors have busy filming schedules, which can sometimes be a reason for sequels to be missing characters, or they get written out quickly due to clashing film schedules - an example being the Expendables 2 & 3).

And then you get into the whole thing with Egos... as in, who gets top billing (the order of the credits, and the sample of names on promotional movie posters).
    Rules have had to be developed when there is a dispute over who gets top billing when both are considered equal, but even that can still lead to compromises, or else stars have been known to refuse a role if they don't get their name first in the credits or above the movie title... even if they don't have a major role.
    (some actors have gone so far as to have their names removed from the credits completely, just because they didn't get their name above the title on movie posters like their more famous co-stars)

Oops (I've had a long day ).
    Anyway, hopefully the Stacies just won't appear. If they want to give Peter a love interest or whatever, then I hope they go for Mary Jane Watson. It really shouldn't be hard to place Spidey into the Avengers without conflicting with the Sonyverse... just avoid using certain characters like Gwen, Captain Stacey, Curt Connors etc. There are plenty of other characters from Spiderman's universe that they can use if they so want to.

What if it's not actually Peter Parker in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Hello Miles Morales welcome to the big time!
    Last edited by Paulbot; 11th February 2015 at 07:13 AM.

As long as it's not Ben Reilly.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    As long as it's not Ben Reilly.
    Why Not...

I wonder if the upcoming secret wars event will have an impact on the marvel movies in anyway..

Spider verse and the incursion events are almost done

who knows who will be who when the dust settles
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

As far as Marvel's statement reads to me, the Amazing Spider-Man story is over. They say "the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film" and that "they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger".

Be interesting to see if the Sinister Six and Female-lead movie Sony were planning are dead or back to drawing board.
    I think this article pretty much confirms and answers most your points

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    I think this article pretty much confirms and answers most your points
    It is indeed a shame to be rebooting, or having three movie versions of Spiderman in just 9 years.

The Amazing Spider-Man 3 has been cancelled. Andrew Garfield is no longer playing the character. The studio is still moving forward with the Spider-Man villain-centric “Sinister Six,” and “Venom” spinoff, as well as a film that features female characters in the “Spider-Man” universe.
    And someone in Hollywood has finally seen sense...

an arrangement that enables both Sony and Marvel to mutually benefit at the box office
    Which is a shame that it can't happen more often, especially if a story makes more sense or to have an inclusion or crossover than having the characters absent.

Character crossovers across studio films are virtually unheard of... Hollywood actually figured out a way to work together for once.