Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review video of Siege Soundwave

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    This might be a silly question, but would it be easier to paint over battle damage than try and remove it?
    Easier in terms of less physical exertion/elbow grease for scrubbing, but harder in terms of greater technicality and it can be more time consuming as you wait for each coat of paint to dry before applying the next coat (and then possibly applying a sealant if you want). Not to mention that paints are messier and harder to clean up than just rubbing alcohol. Paints would also be more costly unless you already have the matching colours and brushes.

But it's up to you. The clear chest window is impossible to paint over though (AFAIK).

That battle damage though.
    Yuck.

Pretty forgettable alt mode

The light piping works really well on this toy, and I lurv that G1 accurate yellow visor

Comparison with G1

Nice try but weird result. Unlike the MP figure this Laserbeak looks more like he's doing something unmentionable to Soundwave's arm rather than actually being perched on it

The permanently moulded button pressing finger only looks good in this pose. Otherwise it looks weird. I personally would've preferred just straight up regular fists.

Unofficial street light mode

REMOVING THE STUPID BATTLE DAMAGE

I couldn't get all of it off, but after over 2 hours of scrubbing and enduring the Green Lantern movie playing in the background (), this was about as close as I could get. I used a black Sharpie pen to touch up the black vents on the legs as I did end up fading and partially stripping the black in my attempt to remove the silver splatter.

On the left are both of Soundwave's legs - the left hand side leg hadn't been modified whereas the right hand side leg had. On the right is the left hand side leg after being scrubbed.

Before and after scrubbing

The chest door, not surprisingly, proved to be an additional pain in the diode as I was trying to avoid scrubbing off the gold paints and Decepticon logo. Being a thin clear plastic door over a chest cavity I felt that I couldn't apply as much pressure while scrubbing because I didn't want to make actual cracks!

So yeah, this was about as close as I could get. By no means perfect but better than before IMHO.

Robot mode: Because my only other Soundwaves are from Animated, BH and RID 2015, it only makes sense that this toy's robot mode wins out due to it's G1 integrity.

Alt. mode: Oh dear! This is what happens when TR Alpha Trion's cruiser mode is turned into an eyesore. To try and put a positive spin on this I prefer to view it as a freight transport that carry's DJ equipment to decepticon post-battle celebrations (Ravage and Laserbeak can act as the roadies and mixtapes).
    But the most positive spin I can put on this is to split apart the legs so the ship has the (more credible) 'mandible' look. Thank you for that solution, Sutton.

P.S. Like how when all three weapons link up it looks like the end product is a flame thrower. Pity there's no hose and fuel tanks attached.
    Last edited by shockNwave; 26th April 2019 at 05:12 PM.