Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi-res clean G1 brochure scans

Quote Originally Posted by PROVOST View Post
    Very Cool stuff TAAUBlaster!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Wow!
    I have spent many many hours looking at the early catalogues over my lifetime and that is a thing of beauty. Would look great as a poster.
    Thanks guys

Actually JITS, the initial reason I started was so I could get them printed out and (cheaply) frame them to hang on the wall. The catalogues look so awesome, but I didn't want to use originals and risk damage to them in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Thanks guys

Actually JITS, the initial reason I started was so I could get them printed out and (cheaply) frame them to hang on the wall. The catalogues look so awesome, but I didn't want to use originals and risk damage to them in the long term.
    I think your non creased version would look way better than putting an original in a frame. No matter how much you flatten them the originals will always have natural bends in them even under glass.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

nice one

A bit of an update: I think I'm getting close to finishing with the 1984 catalogue now. I've updated my first post with the links.

For some reason my scanner didn't like the black, and the scan always came up very noisy. Could also be my copy of the catalogue was a bit scratched (to be honest I didn't even check.) I tried to get rid of as much noise as I could, but there is still quite a bit left.

Not sure if I made the figures side a bit too dark on this one? The 85/87 catalogues seem to look better with a darker tint, but maybe dark doesn't agree with the 84 one. Interested to hear what everyone thinks.

And as always, any suggestions or pointing out things I've missed are more than welcome.

I had forgotten how long it has been! Finally uploaded the 1985 (small release) and 1986 ones.

A great thread bump. So nice and crisp!

Is there a way to download the full-res? Maybe I need to find my old Flickr login. Nevermind found the download button now

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    A great thread bump. So nice and crisp!

Is there a way to download the full-res? Maybe I need to find my old Flickr login. Nevermind found the download button now
    Thanks! I finally had a chance to get some of them finished. Still so many to go