Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Prime season 1 DVD/BR in US March 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Transformers Prime season 1 DVD/BR in US March 2012

Transformers prime season one to be released on bluray and dvd match next year. Amazon has a preorder up for it, hopefully we will get it out here.

Details from here.

TRANSFORMERS PRIME:
    THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

Featuring Over 10 Hours of Non-Stop Action,
    Special Bonus Content and More!

THE COLLECTIBLE 4-DVD SET & LIMITED EDITION 4-DISC BLU-RAY COLLECTION
    PACKED WITH A 96-PAGE GRAPHIC NOVEL

OWN IT ON MARCH 6, 2012 FROM SHOUT! FACTORY
    Regular DVD version will be $30, while the Bluray version will be $65 (which includes the bonus comic). Both versions are said to have the bonus content, plus includes the 5-part Darkness Rising episodes (which were just released the other day).

(Looks like they waited until after the Darkness Rising DVD pre-orders were shipped, to make sure no one would cancel it and get this set instead.)

excellent news, I won't bother with the disc that has just been released
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

I'm glad they're releasing this and I can't wait, even if I already have the Digitally Relocated edition.

The DVD & Bluray was released yesterday in America... for those who pre-ordered, or are planning to import one.

I'd buy it ASAP if the PS3 was multi-region for DVD/BD's. Hope us Aussies get it in the near future! Interested to hear more about the special features, would be sweet to see what programs are used to render the models, hear from the team members etc. Pretty sweet deal with that 96 page comic book too!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I'm glad they're releasing this and I can't wait, even if I already have the Digitally Relocated edition
    Haha, I too have been enjoying this fine edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Haha, I too have been enjoying this fine edition.
    I just wish the 2nd Season would be released in the same level of quality.

Have now watched the DVD box set, and can detail what they are, in case the Australian release has the same extras.
    There were only 3 extras:

- Making of TFPrime.
    Talks a little about the creation of the series, but mostly has many of the Voice Actors talking about Transformers and TFPrime.

- The toys.
    This was the more interesting bonus feature, as it talks about the characters in the cartoon... not really about the toys. From the people at Hasbro and cartoon producers, we learn that Ironhide was originally intended to be part of the main Autobot cast, but when they found out about his death in TF3, they swapped him out for Bulkhead, to prevent confusion from kids who might think it was the same character (musta been a really late change, as TFPrime was being developed early to mid-2010, so Ironhide's death in TF3 would have been something decided really early).
    Plus, when deciding on a big bulky, brutish Decepticon, they were planning to use Lugnut, but later decided that they had too many aerial-mode Decepticons, and Lugnut had to have a flight mode, so they swapped him out with Breakdown.

- Season 2 Teaser.
    This was just the short 5 second clip of Optimus/Orion getting his Decepticon "tattoo".

On a side note, I stumbled across this tonight (Aligned Continuity), which might shed some light on the past and future of TFPrime... or at least, how everything currently is loosely linked together in some way. It is the "long term story strategy" that the Hasbro people had mentioned in the last 3 or 4 BotCons.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Have now watched the DVD box set, and can detail what they are, in case the Australian release has the same extras.
    There were only 3 extras:

- Making of TFPrime.
    Talks a little about the creation of the series, but mostly has many of the Voice Actors talking about Transformers and TFPrime.

- The toys.
    This was the more interesting bonus feature, as it talks about the characters in the cartoon... not really about the toys. From the people at Hasbro and cartoon producers, we learn that Ironhide was originally intended to be part of the main Autobot cast, but when they found out about his death in TF3, they swapped him out for Bulkhead, to prevent confusion from kids who might think it was the same character (musta been a really late change, as TFPrime was being developed early to mid-2010, so Ironhide's death in TF3 would have been something decided really early).
    Plus, when deciding on a big bulky, brutish Decepticon, they were planning to use Lugnut, but later decided that they had too many aerial-mode Decepticons, and Lugnut had to have a flight mode, so they swapped him out with Breakdown.

- Season 2 Teaser.
    This was just the short 5 second clip of Optimus/Orion getting his Decepticon "tattoo".

On a side note, I stumbled across this tonight (Aligned Continuity), which might shed some light on the past and future of TFPrime... or at least, how everything currently is loosely linked together in some way. It is the "long term story strategy" that the Hasbro people had mentioned in the last 3 or 4 BotCons.
    very interesting
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast