Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Questions Thread

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

i complained about my tablet (android) breaking a recharge port and thus being unusable in another thread

Now i am considering getting a better tablet, but money is the limiting factor. Looking at the samsung galaxy note, but not sure that i will use it any more that the chaep tablet i had.

would like to keep the price between $200 - $400. but if i get another 'el cheapo' one, the chances are quite good that it will break down withinin a year

got used to the 8" 4:3 screen size.

from your experiences, what are my options

thank you M

I recommend an ipad.... I have all of them and the first one I gave to my niece and it still perfect condition , never had a problem with them at all after so many years as well ..... if you like android then a galaxy is very good... also a nexus is ok as well....just don't go for any other cheap ones ....

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    i complained about my tablet (android) breaking a recharge port and thus being unusable in another thread
    Now i am considering getting a better tablet, but money is the limiting factor. Looking at the samsung galaxy note, but not sure that i will use it any more that the chaep tablet i had.
    would like to keep the price between $200 - $400. but if i get another 'el cheapo' one, the chances are quite good that it will break down withinin a year
    have decided on a galaxy note 10.1 [not the 2014 ed]. Has everything you need in a tablet. For what i want to do with it anyway. And the big plus is that you can draw on it with a wacom technology pen/stylus with 1024 pressure levels. This has me very interested. Would prefer the 2014 ed but dont want to spend that much [`$600], when i can get the standard ed for $430.

Anyone have a galaxy note 10.1? Are you happy you bought it?

thank you M
    DO NOT get a Surface! They are garbage. I have an IPad and it is brilliant. Long battery life. Easy to use. Never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    DO NOT get a Surface! They are garbage. I have an IPad and it is brilliant. Long battery life. Easy to use. Never had a problem.
    I have no intention of getting a surface.

Not a Apple/Mac sorta person... been a PC person for decades but android is covering things for the moment. On my 10 year old netbook, im still running xp. but found that I only used it for windows only software when I had my other tablet. everything else was covered by android in some manner

thanks for the advice

I have no intention of getting a surface.

Not a Apple/Mac sorta person... been a PC person for decades but android is covering things for the moment. On my 10 year old netbook, im still running xp. but found that I only used it for windows only software when I had my other tablet. everything else was covered by android in some manner

thanks for the advice
    i have the first note phone and that is awesome. I also got a galaxy tab 2 10.1 and that is pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    i have the first note phone and that is awesome. I also got a galaxy tab 2 10.1 and that is pretty good too.
    its good to hear. mostly leaning towards the note 10.1 because you can draw on it

hope it works out well

bit the bullet and bought the galaxy note 10.1 (standard edition, not the 2014 edition), charging now,

Got it for the best price i could find. Painful spending the money, but once it is done you feel a little relieved.

For my many photos I've taken over the years I am looking at setting up a home NAS server with offsite backup. Anyone done this? Can anyone recommend a decent NAS? What about online backup companies?

Cheers.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    For my many photos I've taken over the years I am looking at setting up a home NAS server with offsite backup. Anyone done this? Can anyone recommend a decent NAS? What about online backup companies?

Cheers.
    I've thought about doing this but have never really gotten around to doing it.

It all seems rather straight forward enough, I personally prefer to use Netgear equipment and I know that they provide a few NAS devices - Here's one for example.
    I also wouldn't be surprised if they offer some sort of online facilities, as that particular device seems to have some sort of CLOUD function to it.

I hope that has at least given you a start dude, let us know how you go & what you find.