Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New images of MP Tracks on display

Simply put...

As fantastic as BT Hound is, he isn't entirely show-accurate. An MP Hound toy would aim to achieve a greater level of show-accuracy.

I love both.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Its interesting, without wanting to offend anyone I look at that BT Hound in robot mode and think it looks like rubbish. I would expect an MP Hound to look much better and more show accurate. Despite being a car guy but couldn't get into BT. It did nothing for me. However I love MP, so far its everything I want it to be.

Yeah BT Hounds alt mode is great, but the bot mode is clunky and not that much like his cartoon self.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post

The detail just isn't there and is something of a let down with a premium name attached to it. You only need to look at your mp optimus prime to see my point. Something with masterpiece as its moniker should have premium details. Don't worry about price. It seems that the creators of the line do and so it's gotten cheaped out in quality big time.
    I'm not sure what you mean about MP Optimus, in terms of the details finish and engineering I feel MP 10 and the other recent toys can be considered of a Masterpiece standard. I wont deny that 10 years ago when Binaltechs highend TF toys were out such standards might have been higher. But compared to the standard of todays main TF lines I think the MP tag can be justified.

If they renamed the MP line to just Transformers toys, I guess they have to call today's main lines like Combiner Wars the KO quality line.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I felt mp-10 was an incomplete product.

lacked paint apps on Takara, a foldable gun which wasn't necessary and made it looked small.
    Truck mode looks not great
    no fully articulated fingers which was done by KFC.
    poor coloured eyes.
    All plastic.

Yes it is posable, but is a action figure. I have spoke to many other collectors for toys and the one thing I am only getting feedback is "Its cheap"

BT Hound isn't my fravourite , I prefered Smokescreen Subaru WRX. Hound had a lot of hollow areas. But being said, the car mode is almost perfect.

We have debated this many times, and I actually just don't care anymore.
    Waiting on Ratchet Jazz and mirage, and I am so called done. Other than an Omega Supream or Jet fire, or an unlikely Magtron. I be calling it quits.
    Titans Devy basically dashed all hopes of a mp combiner so there actually isn't much more to look forward. Other than Red Bee, I think it looks SOLID.
    Wow, can't actually wait for the Blue one.

Oh Acid Storm by Takara to be release next year as last exclusive seeker.
    Thats COOL too!

can't wait man.

Back on to Tracks mp, yeah is not the best but I still buy it as its in my list.

(created a new topic for this toy, as it will be on display more as it's release gets closer, and the existing topic was now long enough for news updates to get missed)

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well put Goktimus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean about MP Optimus, in terms of the details finish and engineering I feel MP 10 and the other recent toys can be considered of a Masterpiece standard. I wont deny that 10 years ago when Binaltechs highend TF toys were out such standards might have been higher. But compared to the standard of todays main TF lines I think the MP tag can be justified.

If they renamed the MP line to just Transformers toys, I guess they have to call today's main lines like Combiner Wars the KO quality line.
    Details;

Energon axe
    Matrix
    Megatron gun
    Rubber wheels
    Painted metal bits.
    Painted bits.

The standard of todays toys is fantastic. You do have combiner wars don't you? The have articulation and combine with articulation. The mp I'm seeing now is just as much quality, not higher. There's what is bugging me, we have a toy that is mass market level in a fancy box. Guess I have the rose coloured glasses on a bit, but damn, the past looks so good on premium toys.

Also I thought you guys would be salivating over a yellow cliffjumper. lol. What is special about a red bumblebee?
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I love reading the same BT vs MP comparisons over and over again.
    Please, continue, it's doing wonders for my insomnia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I love reading the same BT vs MP comparisons over and over again.
    Please, continue, it's doing wonders for my insomnia.
    ^ this

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Actually is not a vs thingy is a drop of standard that a lot are pretty happy to accept.

And if you keep it misb anyway you has less things to whinge about. As the boxes are the only thing that did not drop in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Actually is not a vs thingy is a drop of standard that a lot are pretty happy to accept.

And if you keep it misb anyway you has less things to whinge about. As the boxes are the only thing that did not drop in quality.
    No, it is. It's like clockwork... every time a new MP is announced it's Binaltech had this or Alternators had that or why aren't there any rubber tyres, the cheaper paint, unrealistic interiors or some other comparison regarding two completely different lines & design philosophies . I can't roll my eyes any harder