Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro UK fan-poll

Guess I managed to get in before it closed. :/ I hope that's ok with Hasbro UK.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Some of the stats were shown at the end, including...
    - There were 2,353 done when I finished.
    - 54% of the people who listed their gender were FEMALE (3% didn't note their gender). Considering the gender ratios I've seen on fansites and at almost 20 conventions, I'm puzzled to see that over half of the people filling out the survey are saying they are female.
    My first thought was that Mairghread Scott must have signal boosted/reblogged something about this on tumblr (she did, it's a post demanding all female fans respond to the survey). Add that to the assumption that most of her transformers fan followers are also female.
    According to the post, the split was 70/30 male to female about 10 hours ago

But at the same time, I don't think seeing a close to 50/50 split is unusual. It's the same with video game and comic book audiences (and the population in general, haha).
    Just because you're personally not seeing equal representation at one US convention a year, or on major fansites, doesn't mean there aren't a lot of them. There are plenty of female fans that interact on other sites like tumblr and deviantart.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Some further thoughts since I first posted: I really hope it is official and someone at Hasbro takes it seriously. This is not a dig at Griffin or anyone else who responded honestly about not buying 3rd party toys, but I think that may have been the most important part of the survey. The questions they asked and the way they asked them seemed to indicate to me a desire to fully understand the draw of 3rd party toys, hopefully with a view to improving the official products. Having said that, I suspect whoever put the survey out already has in mind the results they want and I doubt that it will change the way Hasbro operates on any level. But then I'm a cynic and a pessimist...

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I just completed the survey and was quite impressed by the questions. I think the information (if interpreted correctly) could be extremely useful for those with the authority to make changes at Hasbro. I took the opportunity to express my desire to see additional character development in the TV / film franchises as well as desire to have a Leader class ROTF Breakaway made (keep dreaming).

According to Sol Fury on TFW (who is in England), the people who registered to attend the recent Transformers convention in England, were invited by Hasbro to participate in the survey, so it was indeed something commissioned by Hasbro UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Anyway, it now says it's reached the maximum number of respondents allowed or something, so that's the end of that.
    Have you tried again, because there are people still saying they are participating... so maybe it reached its maximum people at one time, or they did have a total maximum and they expanded the number due to the popularity of the poll.
    (I can't check because when I go have a look it tells me that I've already taken the survey.)

They reopened the poll.

I just completed mine, and was rewarded with this image

I loved that they asked about specific G1 sublines (Pretenders and Headmasters was mentioned). It would be awesome if they could see the interest in these.
    Last edited by griffin; 27th August 2015 at 10:31 PM. Reason: hotlinking prohibited
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Why has no MP Optimus Prime come with that alternate face?

Suprised by the doubts raised by the use of Survey Monkey. I only screw my nose up at a Survey Monkey survey when it's a free one that ends with one of their company ads (if you're a company using one of these tools pay for it!)

Edit: Okay did the survey and got an ad at the end. Maybe Surveymonkey always does that!?

Anyway it was an interesting survey to do. I was really surprised by some of the options to the questions.

And some made me laugh. "What activities do you do that you think qualify you as a Fan rather than a casual follower of the TF brand?" Where do I start!
    Last edited by Paulbot; 27th August 2015 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    And some made me laugh. "What activities do you do that you think qualify you as a Fan rather than a casual follower of the TF brand?" Where do I start!
    That reminded me of the occasional fan debates on the matter... so it is a weird question to ask as if you have to prove yourself as a "true fan".

Since the survey didn't allow for you to enter your contact details for further feedback, it was the one question that you could enter in something unique (creative) that you've done, for them to track you down with if they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post
    I just completed the survey and was quite impressed by the questions. I think the information (if interpreted correctly) could be extremely useful for those with the authority to make changes at Hasbro.
    Yeah I was impressed by the quality and diversity of the questions as well. Seem like they were written by people who both knew the brand well and were genuinely interested in the answers.

I used the opportunity to prod Hasbro in the direction I wanted when it came to the questions regarding 3rd party products (fibbing a little to do so as the only 3rd party characters I actually own are Quintessions) and also used the opportunity to mention the deficiences of Funpub and their administration of the TFCC when answering questions about the difficulties of being an overseas consumer.

A question I struggled with was to suggest a character that needed a reissue or new toy, because most of the early Gen1 has either been reissued or redone in Classics or Masterpiece style... but now I thought of one that I should have noted - Reflector.
    I think I put down Omega Supreme, even though it has been reissued, and sorta done recently as the Chinese New Year Omega Supreme three years ago.

The really hard question for me was picking my top five toys.

The survey reminded me a bit of the old Trannies awards, and our own Ozformers awards that Paulbot does up each year.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A question I struggled with was to suggest a character that needed a reissue or new toy, because most of the early Gen1 has either been reissued or redone in Classics or Masterpiece style... but now I thought of one that I should have noted - Reflector.
    I think I put down Omega Supreme, even though it has been reissued, and sorta done recently as the Chinese New Year Omega Supreme three years ago.

The really hard question for me was picking my top five toys.
    I did write Omega, but deleted it at the last second and changed it to Trypticon