Thread: Can't access my PMs

Default Can't access my PMs

Not really sure to put this, but I can't access my private messages, which as I registered to track down some Transformer parts to buy, is a pretty big problem for me.

Any time I try to navigate there, I get the following message:
    kwanzaabot, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I registered on this site a couple of days ago now, but it took about a day to be allowed to post. I wonder if maybe all of my site permissions haven't been authorised by an admin yet? It's a pretty odd error that I've never encountered on any other vBulletin board, so I'm not really sure, just spitballing here.

As a new member you don't have straight access to PM usage. But no need to worry, just post a few more times and you should be fine. I think about 5+ posts you should be ok.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Megatran Guest

You might want to have a squiz of the Forum Userguide which is located in this section of the boards. An explanation of some of the ranking (& privileges) is taken from the Forum Userguide & outlined below.

Rank 1 - New/Inactive
    This is the rank everyone starts with. You don't have access to some sections of the board, or the PM (private messages) system. You need to interact here a little first for us to be sure that you are a Transformers fan, and we will activate your full Basic membership.

Rank 3 - Basic Member
    When someone has interacted here a little, or posted an introduction, it helps us see that they aren't a spammer/scammer, and they gain this ranking, which gains access to the Meets and Sales sections, plus the PM system.
    Welcome to Ozformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    You might want to have a squiz of the Forum Userguide which is located in this section of the boards. An explanation of some of the ranking (& privileges) is taken from the Forum Userguide & outlined below.

Welcome to Ozformers.
    That's it in a nutshell
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Wow, that's really inconvenient.

Not really. If you interact and show that you're not a spammer/scammer, you get upgraded. Doesn't take long either

Quote Originally Posted by kwanzaabot View Post
    Wow, that's really inconvenient.
    Yes, it is very inconvenient, but we have about 150 spammers registering every month, so unfortunately had to resort to a process that prevents real fans like you and me from being swamped by their posts and PMs.

People realise that this isn't facebook, so it isn't a spontaneous join-and-post site and never see them again... it is a long-term interaction site for people to commit to, contribute to, and ultimately feel like they are part of a close family of friends and fellow fans, to benefit from, from all of the contributions by the community.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yes, it is very inconvenient, but we have about 150 spammers registering every month, so unfortunately had to resort to a process that prevents real fans like you and me from being swamped by their posts and PMs.
    Wow, really?

Actually, given that I get plenty of spammers on my tiny blog site, its not that hard to believe

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering why I couldn't PM as well. Except my reasons were the opposite. I had parts to sell (as well as join the community) and wanted to ask some etiquette questions before I did anything.