Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended shelving?

ha ha ha i got 2 from the sale too (regretted not getting more - I believe only the black brown colored ones were on sale)

U want me to buy the 4th one from you?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Ikea here in Perth had them on special for $99 last year. Got 4 but have no room yet for the 4th.

I think when you join their IKEA family (sorta like a membership thing) they automatically give you a discounted price - I applied for it and got the discount on those items I purchased during that time - not shelving items. So once you've applied for it it's automatically useable then they send your more permanent member card later on.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

If anyone is wanting any Ikea Detolf glass cabinets, Perth and Adelaide Ikea have them for $129.
    http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/search/?query=Detolf

I think they are $149 everywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    If anyone is wanting any Ikea Detolf glass cabinets, Perth and Adelaide Ikea have them for $129.
    http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/search/?query=Detolf

I think they are $149 everywhere else
    call me crazy but werent they $89 at one point ?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Cheapest I've seen them is $99 and that was a year or so ago.

That's what I got them at. It was a while ago though.
    Spiderken Away!

White Detolfs are down to $99 as a new regular price (as of the new Ikea catalogue). Still a bit more expensive for black.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    White Detolfs are down to $99 as a new regular price (as of the new Ikea catalogue). Still a bit more expensive for black.
    Nothing that household paint can't fix.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Because the nearest IKEA is a long way away, and I don't think a "sealed" glass cabinet is any better at keeping things dust free, I buy Officeworks Geelong Hammerfast Shelves. They are about $100 each and hold a ton of Transformers. Good choice for people that don't want a sealed cabinet.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Because the nearest IKEA is a long way away, and I don't think a "sealed" glass cabinet is any better at keeping things dust free, I buy Officeworks Geelong Hammerfast Shelves. They are about $100 each and hold a ton of Transformers. Good choice for people that don't want a sealed cabinet.
    It's bizzare but yeah, glass cabinets even if you rarely open them do not keep dust away. It doesn't get dusty as quick but gets there eventually. My GI Joe Detolf case was filled with dust to the point that when you picked up a figure, the stand foot print was clearly visible as a rectangle shape on the glass.