Page 12 of 120 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Is it true that United Scourge's eyes are red as opposed to the blue eyes on the Generations mould?????????

Quote Originally Posted by aaron2 View Post
    Is it true that United Scourge's eyes are red as opposed to the blue eyes on the Generations mould?????????
    Yes
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

"What?! Do I hear a Fuzor in need of voice box repair?! I am able! Just ask Bantor. He was all mandrill until I put a tiger in his tank!" - Ratchet (Transformers Prime Ep 31)

P.S.: In the episode "Nemesis Prime," Agent Fowler is listening to The Touch (albeit without lyrics and a different score - but unmistakably the same tune )
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 24th December 2012 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    "What?! Do I hear a Fuzor in need of voice box repair?! I am able! Just ask Bantor. He was all mandrill until I put a tiger in his tank!" - Ratchet (Transformers Prime Ep 31)

P.S.: In the episode "Nemesis Prime," Agent Fowler is listening to The Touch (albeit without lyrics and a different score - but unmistakably the same tune )
    There are a number of of great references in the series, even some subtle pay outs of Bay's movies. Sorry I can't quote them as my brain doesn't hold that type of information, but they are there.
    I almost wet my pants when I heard "The Touch".

...Snip!...
    I think there may be a dual meaning to this quote from Ratchet when he was delerious in that episode. The fuel company Esso used to have a slogan "put a tiger in your tank" as part of thier advertising campaign and you could purchase fuel caps with little tiger tails hanging from them

Just started watching TF Prime in Japanese... the way they all ('cept Bumblebee) shout "TRANSFOOOOORM!" as they transform is... odd. It makes the show feel more "watered down for kids," which is typical of how post G1 TF series in JP are treated. And I don't know if I'll ever get used to watching Transformers in Japanese and hearing them use "Autobot," "Decepticon", "Optimus Prime," "Bumblebee," and "Cybertron-Sei" instead of "Cybertron," "Destron," "Convoy", "Bumble" and "Sabretron-Sei". The Japanese voice for Starscream tries to emulate what Steven Blum does in terms of modulating from dark and gritty to high pitched, but the high end voice rises up too high and too quickly for my liking (sounds like he's trying to go from Blum to Latta).

The first time we see the Autobots arrive to fight the Vehicons, we see each Autobot come out of the Ground Bridge and shout their name followed by "Transform!" e.g. "Optimus Prime, Transfooooorm!" <transforms> -- then the last one is Bumblebee, who just flies out, says nothing, and transforms! lolololol Stupid mute.

I must admit that the scene where Optimus Prime introduces himself to the kids and says, "We are Super Robot Life Forms from the planet Cybertron," gave me a really cool buzz. It was cool how the original English version homaged the movie by saying "Autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron," but the Japanese version harks back to the original title for G1 in Japan in the 1980s, so that's pretty cool for JP audiences.

Disclaimer: By watching the JP dubs I'm not by any means saying that dubs are better or whatever... I've already watched the entire series in its original English form and I own all of Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. A friend of mine just sent me a free copy of TF Prime in Japanese, so I'm just watching it for the sheer novelty of it. I still always prefer watching anything in its original intended language. Kthanks.

The first time we see the Autobots arrive to fight the Vehicons, we see each Autobot come out of the Ground Bridge and shout their name followed by "Transform!" e.g. "Optimus Prime, Transfooooorm!" <transforms> -- then the last one is Bumblebee, who just flies out, says nothing, and transforms! lolololol Stupid mute.
    LOL, I've been re-watching RID (haven't watched it since it first came out) and they are doing the same type of thing, but in English of course. I guess its all a follow on from Beast Wars and isn't all bad But telling us the type of weapon attack! That is very Japanese anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    LOL, I've been re-watching RID (haven't watched it since it first came out) and they are doing the same type of thing, but in English of course. I guess its all a follow on from Beast Wars and isn't all bad But telling us the type of weapon attack! That is very Japanese anime.
    It's also incredibly silly since it tells the enemy what you're doing. (believe it or not, but some martial arts schools do this too...) - but it's not uniquely Japanese... the original English language version of Beast Wars had them yelling out their "activation codes" too, especially in the earlier episodes. Thankfully they toned it down in later eps. I just saw episode 2 earlier this evening, and I noticed that when Optimus Prime ground bridged back to base, he just transformed without saying anything. So it seems to just be some kind of battle cry. :/

Just watched the Japanese Scramble City "bonus episode" and I'm impressed.
    I now suddenly get the whole scramble city thing with Metroplex and the interchangable combiners.
    And I have to say, as I get it now, it makes me 10 times more appreciative of the actual Scramble City combiners, which makes me want them so badly now.

I didn't notice that Metroplex is basically a particular size to fit the scramble city limb bots, until I watched it.
    I don't know which to get first now. It's kind of put me of Devy.
    I think I might go for Bruticus or Superion first, but Menasor and Metroplex are tempting me too.
    So frustrating but I LOVE the scramble city series now.

I didn't realise that FOC Onslaught could actually fit together properly in vehicle mode. So many times I have transformed him and it's juts been a total mess of ill-fitting parts and floppy bits all over the place.

the other night I was messing about with him before bed, and blow me down, he just fell into place as a rather solid looking (from the front) vehicle mode. And to top it off, the twin guns fit on reasonably easy and pointed forwards!

I KNOW RIGHT!

He still looks like a ball of crap though, but wow. I just thought he was sacrificed so much for Bruticus that his vehicle mode just didn't work at all.