Page 332 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 312322327328329330331332333334335336337342352 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

hd: no loose Overlords? I'm happy to take one without accessories/weapons for a cheaper price, so long as it has both Giga and Mega.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Guys, I will be in Japan again in Feb this year. Last I went, there were Overlords at every shop and certainly enough to go around. The prices at the time were AU$650 for MIB, dead mint and around AU$400+ for a complete one in banged up box.

I can try to help you guys get them, but I will need your criteria re price and condition, etc.
    Cheers HD, thanks very much for the offer, but erm I wont be able to come up with the dough by Feb coz I am saving up for my June holiday, shame..... damn you Overlooooooooooorrrrrddd!!! ( shakes fist up in the sky)
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Guys, I will be in Japan again in Feb this year. Last I went, there were Overlords at every shop and certainly enough to go around. The prices at the time were AU$650 for MIB, dead mint and around AU$400+ for a complete one in banged up box.

I can try to help you guys get them, but I will need your criteria re price and condition, etc.
    If Leige Has pulled out, can I jump on board? Don't care about the box so long as it's complete & great condition.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Does anyone else here wrap their MISB items in cellophane to protect their boxes during storage?

If so, is there a particular brand you recommend to use (that won't yellow, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Does anyone else here wrap their MISB items in cellophane to protect their boxes during storage?

If so, is there a particular brand you recommend to use (that won't yellow, etc)?
    Yeah, I do. It doesn't have a brand on it though so I'm not much good to you eh I've done it for anything that doesn't fit inside my display cabinets. So far, I've not had an issue with yellowing.

The one thing that I can tell you is that it's not cellophane... it's sturdier than that. From memory, I think the wife picked it up from a craft shop... or was it a newsagent
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    So far, I've not had an issue with yellowing. The one thing that I can tell you is that it's not cellophane... it's sturdier than that.
    I've trialled a couple of different types of varying thicknesses and prices and since it's still early days, they haven't yellowed or anything yet.

I was thinking more for long term - whether there is specifically an 'archival grade' that you can use for long term preservation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    I was thinking more for long term - whether there is specifically an 'archival grade' that you can use for long term preservation.
    Not sure but it makes sense that there would be. Kinda like the acid-free plastic sheets used in photo albums.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

This from google. http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/collections/family.html

There are a range of plastic sleeves that are suitable for use with archival records. “Good” plastics are polyethylene (HDPE and LDPE), polypropylene (PP) and polyester (PET). For archival storage, polyester is the most stable choice. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC or vinyl) should be avoided. This is the plastic that has that characteristic plastic smell and an oily quality to the surface. PVC will, over time, release vapours which are acidic and extremely damaging to photographs and paper documents. It can also cause some media, like photocopy toner, to soften and stick to the plastic or other sheets.

Document sleeves that have the words “copy safe” on them are made from polyethylene or polypropylene and are available from the supermarket, newsagents and stationary shops. These sleeves can be put into a ring binder to keep them together.

Other options are zip lock sandwich bags and oven bags. Oven bags are made of polyester which is the most stable plastic of the three listed above. Polyester film is sold under the names “Mylar” or “Melinex”.

PVC will, over time, release vapours which are acidic and extremely damaging to photographs and paper documents.
    What does this mean for my AFA cases *gulp*
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    What does this mean for my AFA cases *gulp*
    yellowing in a massive scale man!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]