Thread: TF:TM coming to blu-ray in Australia

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Default TF:TM coming to blu-ray in Australia

Madman Entertainment announced on Sunday that they're going to start releasing blu-ray discs, starting with "Transformers: The Movie".

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/n...y-announcement

According to a post on the Madboards, the TF:TM BD should be released on June 24.

Nice. I'll definitely be getting this...

You would be surprised how good old films can look on bluray (hell if an almost 70 year old animated film can look this good...), TF:TM probably wouldn't gain much from a HD transfer, Still I'll probably get it

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Cover:

darockk is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Ive had the UK version for a while, but good news that it is finally getting a local release.

the picture quality is really good considering the age of the film. the colours look much more vibrant than previous versions.

However some fans will not like the new 16:9 widescreen format.
    They cut off parts of the sides in order to fill a widescreen tv screen, as the movie was originally shot in 4:3.

I'm assuming this is just the transfer from the UK Blu-ray before Metrodome lost the license to do G1 DVDs in the UK. Glad to see Madman still retain theirs after Hasbro bought back all the Sunbow cartoons from TV Loonland.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I am curious to know if it has any special bits in it. I already have the movie on DVD in at least 3 different formats (Jap, UK reconstructed and original Madman release) so you can imagine I would need some serious justification to get another one, but if it looks crisp enough and has some nice extras I might look into it (when its on special)

Im such a sucker for re-releases like this. i hate the UK cover for the blu-ray version but seeing as our version has the wicked madman cover, i'm totally sold even though i have the madman DVD with what i'm sure will be the exact same features.