Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-11ND Masterpiece Dirge

Quote Originally Posted by Civic Bossman View Post
    Maybe Takara should do what all the 3rd Parties do and make it anyway 😉
    Haha, seriously though, I think it's really cool to see the official logos. Although TakTom is changing to toon accuracy, right?... the way they're headed you almost wouldn't need the licensing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I thought they were owned by VW??? We can get Bumblebee, but no love for Jazz??? haha
    Different companies. Do you really think VW are going to order Porche to issue a license to Takara to keep a few fanboys happy?

And also even if they get one model of Porche (Jazz) doesn't mean another is sure to follow (Cliffjumper). Where's Sunstreaker? Shouldn't he have been straight after Sideswipe?

Car licenses can be issued under wildly different terms. Some car companies will throw a license at anyone, others will be very selective and want to have a say in every single aspect of the toy. So what happens with one cannot be applied to others.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Different companies. Do you really think VW are going to order Porche to issue a license to Takara to keep a few fanboys happy?

And also even if they get one model of Porche (Jazz) doesn't mean another is sure to follow (Cliffjumper). Where's Sunstreaker? Shouldn't he have been straight after Sideswipe?

Car licenses can be issued under wildly different terms. Some car companies will throw a license at anyone, others will be very selective and want to have a say in every single aspect of the toy. So what happens with one cannot be applied to others.

Yep I've heard that the hurdle for sunstreaker is that the bonnet splits in two to form his feet, and Lambo apparently are against that (i assume the splitting of the bonnet)
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Yep I've heard that the hurdle for sunstreaker is that the bonnet splits in two to form his feet, and Lambo apparently are against that (i assume the splitting of the bonnet)

Yeah, I find that very strange. I wonder what the logic is. Could it be that Lamborghini reckons that if the bonnet splits, it would make the car look ugly?

Ah the MP speculating, speculating in stock or property is safer.

Among the others you mention, I'm still waiting for MP Hound who one would think would be easy to get a license for, or how about MP Blaster, or Kup? Taktom wouldn't even need a license for them.

Seems like there's no rhyme or reason to when and who they release.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Yeah, I find that very strange. I wonder what the logic is. Could it be that Lamborghini reckons that if the bonnet splits, it would make the car look ugly?
    The only thing I can think of is that it would involve splitting their badge in half.
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Ah the MP speculating, speculating in stock or property is safer.

Among the others you mention, I'm still waiting for MP Hound who one would think would be easy to get a license for, or how about MP Blaster, or Kup? Taktom wouldn't even need a license for them.

Seems like there's no rhyme or reason to when and who they release.
    Oh there's a rhyme and reason alright. With the exception of a very, very few cases, TT's releases are based on which molds they can absolutely milk with various recolours, redecos, remolds, etc.

Hence why we get the Fuso truck line (Inferno, Grapple, etc.) over more of the original arc crew. It's all about the $$$$$&

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

the licensing speculation is all obtainable even a $5 Kmart diecast pull back toy can obtain it, you name it, Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, ford all done. The mor seriously factors are just making the toys with the set of designers they have employed and keeping it within their budget.

Hound is obviously breaking the scale rules so this is why they are reluctant.
    Mirage too many licensed labels hence leaving it for later. Jazz, I am afraid is either licensing labels or they deciding whether to make it a plus version.

Very likely you get hoist or trailbreaker as is by Toyota.

Or you see more mp beastwars

Springer, kup, blurr should be the easy kill but they are thinking of remould firsts.

I heard the problem with Sunstreaker was getting a license for the body kit. That wouldn't be owned by Lamborghini.

TFW2005, and TFwiki member Nevermore asked Porsche directly why they don't want to license to transforming toys, the answer was that basically thwy saw it as below their standards.

Mold reuse is an imortant factor, but we are yet to see Jaguar, Ratbat, Lasetwave or Star Saber repaints.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I heard the problem with Sunstreaker was getting a license for the body kit. That wouldn't be owned by Lamborghini.

TFW2005, and TFwiki member Nevermore asked Porsche directly why they don't want to license to transforming toys, the answer was that basically thwy saw it as below their standards.

Mold reuse is an imortant factor, but we are yet to see Jaguar, Ratbat, Lasetwave or Star Saber repaints.
    cant blame Porsche, the TT masterpiece line looks cheap, material used and paint finishing probably didn't impressed them.

Starsaber on the other hand was banging on that its a popular character in Asia and they would sell enough without needing repaints. They are sure taking their sweet time to do black ironhide or the green one to buy time making new designs.

So if Jazz is stuck, I be wondering which 3P is so called the best .