Thread: Toy Wrestling Ring

Default Toy Wrestling Ring

I made this wrestling ring for my son. It is made of pine. I made it as close to scale as I could.

I made the box first.The available wood cuts weren't high enough so I had to make the sides out of two pieces. I had a bugger of a time doing good mitre cuts. If anyone has any tips sing out.
    I made a storage area for the fugures, ring post and ropes underneath so it would be easy to store.

The ring ropes are bade of elastic cord used for tie downs. There is a screw near where the paint finishes. The screw head fits in the corner closest to the middle of the ring of the square hole the ring post sits in. This stops the ring post swivelling left or right.
    I tried using one eyelet per post but the were not sitting right and there was one corner with a knot and no "turnbuckle in the other three. So I went with two and cut each side separately. I tied the knot in between the two eyelets, melted the ends and painted the elastic black so they looked like turnbuckles.

To start with he only had Reject Shop figures that are a bit smaller than WWE ones.

For Christmas, I found a two pack of WWE figures that had the Money in the Bank case. Obviously that is suspended above the ring. Without an arena to hang it from, I had to make a way to suspend it above the ring and a way to get to it.

I made some U shaped aluminium brackets while I watched Westwood in the garage. I put two brackets on two of the ring posts that were opposite each other.

I then made two posts that can slide in and out and be stored along the sides of the ring. In between I used more elastic cord and a hook for the case to hang from.

I also made a ladder for the wrestlers to climb up to reach the case. It is not as straight as I would have liked. I made it out of Tasmanian Oak as I thought the rungs would be stronger.

The first time I painted it, I left it outside to dry and forgot about it. After a pelting thunderstorm, all of the paint blistered on the ladder and I had to start painting again.

Love the money in the bank set up.

Don't forget to have a the winner cash it in as soon as the champion has just finished a fight and is weak!

That is awesome mate, I love toys made by people rather than produced in a factory. My son loves playing with a garage that my wifes grandad made for her brother 30 odd years ago. I make tracks and towns for my sons Matchbox cars because its fun as well.
    Keep up the good work.
    Spiderken Away!

Thanks mate. The hardest thing is I am never happy with them. Every time I look at them I can only see the things that didn't turn out how I wanted them to. He doesn't care but they bug me.

Very cool!

So when do you think he'll ask you for a full-size ring in the backyard?

Damn! That's really really good!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

They have chainsaws in wrestling now!!!! Back in my day it was all Jake the Snake Roberts and Junkyard Dog.. DEMO-LI-SHUN.. Axe and Sma-ash...and Cru-ush ?
    Very nice work mate. even countersunk the screw holes..