Thread: Custom AM Rumbler WIP

Default Custom AM Rumbler WIP

Another Action Master custom I'm working on at the moment is Rumbler. As with the Sprocket custom, it's being done to mimic an idea from an abandoned convention set that uses the Triggerhappy mould.

So far, I haven't started painting the pieces of the figure itself (all set up to do that tomorrow), I have created the weapons to go with him. The convention version used a minicon that transformed into a ball-like weapon, whereas I've created a proper ball and chain weapon, using a lego chain and some resin cast pieces - a handle and spiked ball.

As well as that, I've taken the forearms from a broken DOTM Topspin (minus the hands) to make some claws that can attach to the forearms in robot mode (or anywhere with a 5mm hole.

Some pics:

And being modelled on my own Triggerhappy (so I could check clearances and how it all fits together):

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

A couple more WIP pics:

The pieces all laid out and Primed/base coated.

Like Sprocket, I'm Frankensteining a head together to give Sprocket and Rumbler their very own look. TO achieve this, I've resin cast a POTP Jazz head (twice, once for the upper head in blue and one in orange for the crest), and the bottom half of a Titan Master Loudmouth head resin cast in blue, with a bit of painted cut styrene bisecting the two halves. I still need to pain the face and visor and stick it all together, and grind out the back so it's a flat face to apply to another Titan Master body.

I decided to do the crest as a seperate piece in orange as when I did the Sprocket head (pink crest on white head) I had trouble masking so my lines were nice and crisp - having to fix that by hand, which is a pain.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Looking great M-bot! I like seeing progress pics like these