Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HK ebay dealer ehobbybaseshop website (and new items)

Default HK ebay dealer ehobbybaseshop website (and new items)

Don't be thinking that it is ehobby itself... it is just a Hong Kong ebay account with ehobby in the name, and now they've set up a website to sell outside of ebay (who charges about 8% these days).

They have a decent range of current and old stuff, both Hasbro and JP. The Hasbro stuff is mostly expensive (about equal or more than our prices)... the HK & JP items are really what most of us would be looking at.

I think one worth noting though is the Tokyo toy show exclusives. They were being sold at the show for about AU$65 each, and this site has the pair listed at US$160 (about AU$80 each - not a huge markup at all).
    EDIT - looks like they might already have sold out.

I placed an order, and am waiting for their paypal invoice to see if I managed to secure any of the items I had in my cart...
    Last edited by griffin; 5th July 2012 at 11:54 AM.

What are their shipping rates like? A couple of interesting items listed on there

Australia had two shipping options - priority and air parcel.
    For the order I placed (for the two ToyShow Optimus toys and 7 individual Microns), the shipping amounts quoted were about $32 & $23, for those two different options... which is probably about right for that size package.

There is the drawback of having to register first, so it can put off people who just want to see what something will cost to ship, or just want a single random item and never come back. But if you are a satisfied customer, it would just be like BBTS, and being registered just seems normal.

Very tempted to get MP-11 from there... they have voucher codes for up to $20 off depending on how much you spend...

They appear to have restocked the Tokyo Toy Show pair ($160), or it was just showing as "sold out" to me earlier, because I think they are limiting it to one pair per "account", until sold out.

I've just decided to give these guys a go for AM-12 Breakdown since most of the usual stockists are pre-sold out.

Postage was $18 for standard airmail, which I guess is reasonable enough. It's a little troublesome that they don't have a web-based checkout, meaning you have to wait for a paypal invoice before payment.

All in all it was a good find Griffin, especially for stuff that's difficult to get elsewhere.

Thanks for the heads up on this store griffin.

Wow! $250 for Ultra Magnus vs Skywarp Classics

The items arrived last weekend, in one piece.

The sender address was from Hong Kong NOT Japan... and looking on their ebay site, it says HK. I couldn't find a location on their website, so just assumed it was from Japan because of their name (Ehobby is in Japan) and all the reasonably priced JP figures.

Sorry about that.
    I've edited the title and posting.

Hopefully they become competition to Robotkingdom, who needs someone to help push their scalper prices back down a bit... especially on items that don't sell out.

Now that you've mentioned that the sender's from HK, I'm quite sure I walked into this store when I was there a month ago.

Prices listed on their website would be about 10% steeper than what I paid for the same items (exchanged into HKD). Stock was mostly recent stuff. Store itself is quite big, about 4m x 3m; relatively new with newly furnished shelving compared to the ones I saw at Inn's Point (amazing bazaar of robot stuff). Owner was a youngish man with white hair, nice enough to talk to.