0 0%
  • No

1 9.09%
  • Not even interested

1 9.09%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - MPM-7 Bumblebee

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Is he packaged in car or robot mode? I have no interest in the robot mode but I really want that VW Bug - so if the transformation is so counter-intuitive I might get him if (and its a big if) he comes in vehicle mode and it looks good enough.
    He comes packaged in robot mode and (in my opinion) getting it to vehicle is a pain, not only in the many steps involved but also getting it all to compact together in the right way.

If you want a nice Beetle to display you have many cheaper options from the Bumblebee line, including the much bigger power charge Bee. If you only want the vehicle mode then this will do the job just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    He comes packaged in robot mode and (in my opinion) getting it to vehicle is a pain, not only in the many steps involved but also getting it all to compact together in the right way.

If you want a nice Beetle to display you have many cheaper options from the Bumblebee line, including the much bigger power charge Bee. If you only want the vehicle mode then this will do the job just fine.
    Cheers for that

keep in mind that different people see different things as intuitive. I find Samsung phones intuitive and Apple phones a nightmare, but other people are the opposite.

People hate the Alternators Wheeljack Mould, I really liked it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Is he packaged in car or robot mode? I have no interest in the robot mode but I really want that VW Bug - so if the transformation is so counter-intuitive I might get him if (and its a big if) he comes in vehicle mode and it looks good enough.
    Might as well just get a nice VW Beetle Type 1 scale mini car. Probably cheaper and it would look nicer. And since you don't care about the robot mode then you're not missing out on much.

I guess this is a pass for me then. My interest in the MPM line is tenuous at best so I might just call it.

Thanks for the review Gok.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Comparison pics with Studio Series 18 Bumblebee.

IMO you might as well just get the Deluxe figure. In terms of bang for your buck, I find that it has superior dollar value than MPM-7 (i.e. $35 vs $125 before shipping)

I’d be more inclined to wait for MPM-7 to be reduced in price, below $100. Still not a big fan of the mold.

Getting a little bit gooder at transforming this thing. Managed to get the back tabbed in... gooderer than before. Still frustrating... I swear I spent half the time massaging parts into place. :/

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Might as well just get a nice VW Beetle Type 1 scale mini car. Probably cheaper and it would look nicer. And since you don't care about the robot mode then you're not missing out on much.
    Yeah, I've got a mate who collects VW Bug toys, but I want an actual Bumblebee. It's just that I've got so many Bumblebee toys now and Bbee robots from the past 5 movies that I just want representations of him as a VW Bug for my display

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post

Cheers for the suggestion

For a VW transformer this is an amazing looking figure that is full of nice details in both modes, from the engine belt running under his chest in robot mode to the headlights in car mode. The transformation is a little tedious, but compared to my previous purchase of mpm Optimus, bees transformation requires precision and not luck in getting parts to stay together. Personally I enjoy the challenge of a more precise transformation, Its nice to get a lil better each time and learn more about the figure.

8/10 but I am biased towards VW’s