Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Reporting Excess Shipping on eBay

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    It's at this point I realised Megatran was taking the piss
    OK, my bad. What is it they say - the first casualties of any online discussion are nuance and sarcasm heh .

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    OK, my bad. What is it they say - the first casualties of any online discussion are nuance and sarcasm heh .
    and Megatran is a master

bowspearer Guest

Add Mile High Comics to the list - the eBay store of the website of the same name.

I'd dealt with them in the past and they'd been great, so I thought it would be a breeze dealing with them this time too; boy was I wrong.

I bought 4 Toyfare magazines from them: Issue 12, Issue 38, Issue 14 and Issue 9.

You'll notice if you look at any of those listings, it says:

We list over 200,000 items in our eBay Store. Shipping costs apply only to the first item. All additional items in the same order ship for free!
    Like hell they do!

When I go to pay for them eBay is telling me the shipping total is $56 USD rather than the $14 USD stated in the auction.

Furthermore when I attempt to request a total from the seller, I get the following eBay error message:

The seller does not offer combined postage discounts.The seller has disallowed combined payments and postage discounts. Please proceed to checkout to complete your purchase.
    Seriously rethinking doing business with them again when they've disallowed the very combined shipping they promised in their listings.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Add Mile High Comics to the list - the eBay store of the website of the same name.

I'd dealt with them in the past and they'd been great, so I thought it would be a breeze dealing with them this time too; boy was I wrong.

I bought 4 Toyfare magazines from them: Issue 12, Issue 38, Issue 14 and Issue 9.

You'll notice if you look at any of those listings, it says:

Like hell they do!

When I go to pay for them eBay is telling me the shipping total is $56 USD rather than the $14 USD stated in the auction.

Furthermore when I attempt to request a total from the seller, I get the following eBay error message:

Seriously rethinking doing business with them again when they've disallowed the very combined shipping they promised in their listings.
    Have you tried pm'ing them about it?

Had a similar case, listing said combined shipping was possible but had a simerlar thing happen, pm'd them, they...were lost for words and (on their end) couldn't enable it.

In the end I just said "why not try refunding the excess after the transaction", gave them the math, and so they sent back the excess

If they don't respond after a few days don't bother and if they respond negatively then send them a final message on how misleading they are and move on, or skip that last part and move on, your call.

It doesn't cost money to ask, just saying

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So is this a general "report e-bay sellers who are bad about this so others can avoid them" thread? If so, I've got one from back in April to list.