Page 16 of 120 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Here's my FOC/generations shockwave gun mode

No mods or tricky transform. Pretty comfortable to hold for such a small figure. The trigger is handy and it has front and rear sight posts like a conventional pistol. I like it better than other people's gun modes i've seen around the net.

I just realised that Dreadwing's cannon is actually his alt mode's engine and propelling nozzle. In robot mode it's his spine. Bad. Ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    I just realised that Dreadwing's cannon is actually his alt mode's engine and propelling nozzle. In robot mode it's his spine. Bad. Ass.
    very freakin cool
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by MindsetOverhaul View Post
    Classics/Henkei Infernos' forearms have 2 plates of "armor" that rotate backward (which imo improves the look of robot mode) and i only realised that early last year. super sad face when i got the Grapple repaint to find it didn't have that feature!
    huh. never knew this one!
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

While looking for a cheap Arms Micron Jet Vehicon online I noticed something
    on Jet Vehicon's CG art on the box he still has car wheels on his shoulders and knees, but on Jet Vehicon General's art the wheels are gone, just a random observation

Someone else pointed this out to me on my FB...

The Year of the Snake Platinum Edition packaging is mean to look like Chinese "Otoshidama" (small envelopes that people put money in to give to children to celebrate the new year)

That makes sense now.

So I was putting my Decoys back in their Boxes a few weeks ago and wanted to put them in the same order they came out (I had written names not numbers on a piece of paper when I first took them out). When I got to the seekers and Sideswipe/Red alert I couldn't remember who was who as far as the decoys are concerned because they are all the same colour. I thought about looking their numbers up but then realised that on mine at least (japanese box set/s) their names are stamped on the back of them in Japanese Katakana
    I have been self teaching myself Japanese for a year or two now so was excited to translate them (with my smartphone app of course ) anyway, I was able to work out who was who

example below:

Pretty sure this one is Starsream.
    On his right leg it reads スタースクリーム or SU TA - SU KU RI - MU

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'm one who likes the colours too. Not because it is supposed to be like Gen1 Gnaw/Sharkticon (which is actually more light-grey and purple than this), but because it reminds me more of the entire 1988 Decepticon theme, in which almost every toy had either grey, purple or blue on it.
    Heh. I've never consciously notes that. But yes the 88 range of cons do have a rather consistent colour scheme. The pinky/purple is the other palette colour, and inside the shells all the Pretenders have a mix of those colours too.

The only bright exceptions are the Firecons. Windsweeper is a little odd man out too but that makes sense if you swap him with the blue Dogfight (as many believe is the case based on their guns).

And had Overlord been released in Western, and not just Asian, markets that year? He'd fit in too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    So I was putting my Decoys back in their Boxes a few weeks ago and wanted to put them in the same order they came out (I had written names not numbers on a piece of paper when I first took them out). When I got to the seekers and Sideswipe/Red alert I couldn't remember who was who as far as the decoys are concerned because they are all the same colour. I thought about looking their numbers up but then realised that on mine at least (japanese box set/s) their names are stamped on the back of them in Japanese Katakana
    I have been self teaching myself Japanese for a year or two now so was excited to translate them (with my smartphone app of course ) anyway, I was able to work out who was who

example below:

Pretty sure this one is Starsream.
    On his right leg it reads スタースクリーム or SU TA - SU KU RI - MU

Yeah, that's Starscream. The Seekers also have different poses too. All the Decoys have their names printed on them, including the Hasbro ones (my decoys were all locally bought and all have names printed in Japanese on them).

Quote Originally Posted by Slag View Post
    Sludge has no eyes as a dinosaur
    So, show-accurate?