Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Voltron Classics Line

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Yeah I tend to agree with VGM. Finally seeing photos/video of it all put together I can't help but feel disappointed. If this was 1988 I would be in awe of it. But considering that it's 2012, for the price I expect a greater level of detail and engineering.

And have they been taking lessons off Hasbro? There is an awful lot of _almost_ Hasbro grey on it

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    It needs friggin chrome!!!!!
    I think (iirc) that the grey is meant to make it more accurate to the cartoon colours.

I think it just looks cheap. After seeing those colours and that short video of the spring loaded legs they set up before the ordering was out, I had made up my mind to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I think (iirc) that the grey is meant to make it more accurate to the cartoon colours.

I think it just looks cheap. After seeing those colours and that short video of the spring loaded legs they set up before the ordering was out, I had made up my mind to avoid it.
    The grey is there because it is cheap. It is clear that this is the case.

Hasbro has been using this for years and since Matty decided to cheapen out in their 'Collector grade' lines for the last year, they have been substituting whites and silvers for it just like Hasbro. Recently they decided that 'Snow' should be an ugly grey instead of white and that Uncle Sam is not longer Red, White and Blue but Red, Grey and Blue The red and Blue are also that dull shade that Hasbro likes to use.

Clearly some paint colors are 'cheaper' than others in manufacturing.

"Paint" colours? you think that's painted???

The WHITE paint is amazingly brights..... that grey is crappy plastic

Actually it doesn't look that good assembled now

Actually I think I'll just keep my 150 dollar cheap Toynami with metallic bits and not try and buy it now for around 750!!!
    I'm walking away from Transformers. Check out my sales thread

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...089#post314089

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    "Paint" colours? you think that's painted???

The WHITE paint is amazingly brights..... that grey is crappy plastic
    They have to dye it to that color dude. The plastic does not magically become whatever color it's molded into. However I will agree that it is also crappy plastic. Recently Mattel decided to mold their MOTUC figures black and then paint over them because it was cheaper than molding the plastic into different colors.

Hasbro uses the same grey because it is cheaper than using a pristine silver. They also like to use that off-white grey instead of white for the same reason.

Its funny really. They use cheaper plastics. Therefore the figures are cheaply made. Yet they charge more for them and prices keep going up.
    I don't know about you but to me that makes a whole lot of sense!
    No wonder I only buy Japanese figures.

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    Its funny really. They use cheaper plastics. Therefore the figures are cheaply made. Yet they charge more for them and prices keep going up.
    I don't know about you but to me that makes a whole lot of sense!
    No wonder I only buy Japanese figures.
    That's the way Capitalism works...

And yet I laugh when people say the market is able to cater for the needs of the consumers without any outside interference.

And politics rant over.

Having watched pixel dans and other's videos on this toy, I am still glad I passed it up. I'd rather spend the same money on an unofficial Devastator...

So I finally got my Black Lion today. and well, despite it's flaws, I love it. I love this thing. I love that it's a massive heavy brightly coloured piece of plastic. I made a little happy noise when i put it all together and pressed the chest piece for the automatic Head forming action. that was AWESOME.

but it does have it's flaws, it feels slightly cheap and it's ridiculously top heavy. (although if this was made of Diecast metal it would weigh a ton and if it fell off your shelf on to your head it would kill you.)
    in combined mode the spring loaded gimmick is irritating and i feel that once the gears wears out it will be useless. Oh and the whole massive collect and connect blazing sword NOT being able to light even though that was promised us is more Mattel crap.

And I honestly can't in good conscience recommend it to the casual Mecha fan.
    Seriously. spend your money on Super robot Chogokins rather that this. looking back i tink it cost me 500 dollars for it. that's insane.
    This is for hardcore fans of Voltron and for people who still love Toys that are Toys for playing with.
    I appreciate it as a "What If" sort of toy and think that if 5 year old Tallest unwrapped it on Christmas day in 1986 his head would explode, making the five ugly Voltron lions and their strange dumpy pilots from the 80s look like piles of puke.

So...yeah. I like it. I get why people don't. It's still awesome to have.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I've waited two weeks, and still haven't heard back.

My Voltron is still available for sale. All 5 MiSB lions, and BAF sword. You get it all except the pilots and figure stands.

lMk if anyone's interested, before I chuck it on my list.

A friend is selling a Classics Voltron Black Lion - $140.

Please PM me if anyone is interested.