Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matty Black Friday Sale - Gigantic!

Default Matty Black Friday Sale - Gigantic!

Matty has announced their line up for their Black Friday sale:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ID.12716121709

As you can see, it's GIGANTIC! I was only expecting them to have stuff like Hurricane Hordak, Godess and other excess stock but they have gone full blown!

The sale date is on Sale starts: 11/25/11 12:01 a.m. PT (US) which means Friday, 25 November 2011 at 7:00:00 PM for people in NSW.

Stock numbers are unknown so I am sure a lot of the most wanted figures will quickly disappear!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Cool, thanks. What a massive sale... it ticks me off that all these figures have been "sold out" for some time though I don't understand why Matty won't just leave the stuff up there until it actually sells out. It's like they need to create a false buzz every month with all their figures like "Wow - they sold out in 3 hours. What a phenomenon!! Quick, better buy a Sub!" The only reason the early figures sold out in 3/20/45 minutes etc... is because they underestimated the demand. Now, Matty has this screwed up mentatlity that EVERYTHING has to sell within a few minutes/hours/days or else it's a failure. Stupid, stupid business IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The sale date is on Sale starts: 11/25/11 12:01 a.m. PT (US) which means Friday, 25 November 2011 at 7:00:00 PM for people in NSW.
    Do you mean 7AM?

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Cool, thanks. What a massive sale... it ticks me off that all these figures have been "sold out" for some time though I don't understand why Matty won't just leave the stuff up there until it actually sells out. It's like they need to create a false buzz every month with all their figures like "Wow - they sold out in 3 hours. What a phenomenon!! Quick, better buy a Sub!" The only reason the early figures sold out in 3/20/45 minutes etc... is because they underestimated the demand. Now, Matty has this screwed up mentatlity that EVERYTHING has to sell within a few minutes/hours/days or else it's a failure. Stupid, stupid business IMO.

Do you mean 7AM?
    According to the Time Zone calculator, it's PM:

Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Midnight between Thursday, 24 November 2011 and Friday, 25 November 2011 PST UTC-8 hours

Sydney (Australia - New South Wales) Friday, 25 November 2011 at 7:00:00 PM EDT UTC+11 hours
    We are almost a full day ahead of them.

I missed out on King Grayskull because I was at work. I'm also a bit cheesed off that everything i ordered from Big Bad Toy Store in the last three months is availabe on the site. OH and 68 bucks for shipping the Three Superman 12 inch figures? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I missed out on King Grayskull because I was at work. I'm also a bit cheesed off that everything i ordered from Big Bad Toy Store in the last three months is availabe on the site. OH and 68 bucks for shipping the Three Superman 12 inch figures? WTF?
    When it comes to toy collecting, it is always a gamble. Just as with Transformers, you may go the extra mile to get a nice vintage or limited figure but then suddenly it gets re-released at a fraction of the cost not long after!

This sale was another foul up by Digital River. Apparently several items sold out fairly quickly but they didn't update the site so people kept trying to add them to their cart or check out but they couldn't.

Luckily I was in quick so I managed to get everything I wanted. That would be it for my MOTUC backlog, I have gotten every figure that has been previously released that I wanted.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I got everything I wanted. No stress really! But I'm glad I ordered straight away cos most of the stuff I bought is sold out now.

I may be tempted to buy more... esp if Matty increases their percentage off to 60% like they did on the Halloween sale!

I just know now that i've given up and spent my saved toy money on other things that they'll put Tri-Klops and Webstor on sale for Cyber Monday.

I just know now that i've given up and spent my saved toy money on other things that they'll put Tri-Klops and Webstor on sale for Cyber Monday.
    It's beyond Monday midnight over there and nothing...

lol, the surprise was that all the discounted prices went to normal
    Last edited by kup; 28th November 2011 at 06:40 PM.

Oh, no, now all MOTUC is half off!

At least, all the stuff that was on sale that isn't sold out. So. Tytus, Megator, Skeletor and Molarr, The Palace Gaurds, All stuff I really don't want.

Oh, no, now all MOTUC is half off!

At least, all the stuff that was on sale that isn't sold out. So. Tytus, Megator, Skeletor and Molarr, The Palace Gaurds, All stuff I really don't want.
    Same but the low price is making me think twice.