Page 359 of 467 FirstFirst ... 339349354355356357358359360361362363364369379 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Woohoo Crash Bandicoot comes end of June

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So we are two weeks from the launch of the Switch and there's still no word at all on Virtual Console and VC purchase transfers from the Wii U. If I have to pay full price for my VC games again I'll be pissed.
    Or you could just, you know, continue to play them on the Wii U...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

So we are two weeks from the launch of the Switch and there's still no word at all on Virtual Console and VC purchase transfers from the Wii U. If I have to pay full price for my VC games again I'll be pissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Or you could just, you know, continue to play them on the Wii U...
    Most people should have just kept them on Wii, considering the darkened/degraded quality on Wii U! But paying in full? If you already bought and transferred them to Wii U, and then they were released as Wii U VC games, you only had to pay the couple of dollars to upgrade it so you could play on the Gamepad. I didn't mind paying that small fee, although the N64 games i transferred look so shoddy on Wii U it probably wasn't worth it.

I mused a few years ago that I don't think anything will come over, since with the Switch being handheld & console, which VC games (3DS or Wii U) would they let you transfer? One or the other, or none is my guess.

I know there's rumours of Gamecube VC on Switch but tbh i wonder if they'll even bring VC back at all. It's heyday was in the Wii era when they at least managed a large collection and varied systems. All the Sega systems were dropped on Wii U, presumably because it wasn't worth the investment. Considering Wii's enormous install base, and Wii U's paltry one - they'd be talking about a fraction of the income there so completely understandable.

I don't think VC is really exciting to most people anymore since they either have the games they want or aren't interested in older games period. Nintendo does nothing to promote VC outside of their press releases pretty much either, so i'd wager casual buyers barely even know it exists.

They'll probably just do a Super Nintendo Mini etc and sell them that way. Which imo would be a typical boneheaded Nintendo thing to do - they should just release a dedicated VC machine that could live past the normal console lifecycle, so they wouldn't have to keep re-licensing and re-rating (OFLC/ESRB etc) all the games for newer systems, which is the biggest cause for the trickle feed we end up getting, if we're lucky. To really sucker people in and make a shitload off accessories, they should release the original system controllers as well, as that's a huge part of the nostalgia for these things.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Most people should have just kept them on Wii, considering the darkened/degraded quality on Wii U! But paying in full? If you already bought and transferred them to Wii U, and then they were released as Wii U VC games, you only had to pay the couple of dollars to upgrade it so you could play on the Gamepad. I didn't mind paying that small fee, although the N64 games i transferred look so shoddy on Wii U it probably wasn't worth it.

I mused a few years ago that I don't think anything will come over, since with the Switch being handheld & console, which VC games (3DS or Wii U) would they let you transfer? One or the other, or none is my guess.

I know there's rumours of Gamecube VC on Switch but tbh i wonder if they'll even bring VC back at all. It's heyday was in the Wii era when they at least managed a large collection and varied systems. All the Sega systems were dropped on Wii U, presumably because it wasn't worth the investment. Considering Wii's enormous install base, and Wii U's paltry one - they'd be talking about a fraction of the income there so completely understandable.

I don't think VC is really exciting to most people anymore since they either have the games they want or aren't interested in older games period. Nintendo does nothing to promote VC outside of their press releases pretty much either, so i'd wager casual buyers barely even know it exists.

They'll probably just do a Super Nintendo Mini etc and sell them that way. Which imo would be a typical boneheaded Nintendo thing to do - they should just release a dedicated VC machine that could live past the normal console lifecycle, so they wouldn't have to keep re-licensing and re-rating (OFLC/ESRB etc) all the games for newer systems, which is the biggest cause for the trickle feed we end up getting, if we're lucky. To really sucker people in and make a shitload off accessories, they should release the original system controllers as well, as that's a huge part of the nostalgia for these things.
    I don't feel like any software emulation, official or unofficial is really good from the 32/64 bit era forward. There always seem to be issues which is why I have the hardware to play every Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo game from that ear forward. The Wii U downgrade for SNES games was a downer, you would think after the really good Wii emulation they would have it down pat for Wii U and N64 emulation was just bad.

Digital Foundry recently looked at the NES Mini's quality of emulation and it actually isn't amazing. I don't have much nostalgia for the NES as I had a Master System before switching to the SNES for the 16 bit gen so I didn't pick up a NES Mini, but if I did pick one up I'd be disappointed at the compromises.

Given that the Switch is officially replacing the Wii U and the 3DS is "going to continue to be supported" (yeah right) I'd be happy to have my Wii U VC purchases come over for a small fee like the move from Wii to Wii U and at a later date when they give up on the 3DS allow those to come across for a small fee.

The alternative if they don't allow that is downloading ROMz. I'd rather do things the official way, but if push comes to shove I'm willing to say F'U and not rebuy the VC games.

The alternative if they don't allow that is downloading ROMz. I'd rather do things the official way, but if push comes to shove I'm willing to say F'U and not rebuy the VC games.
    well, technically you already own the license to play the game if you got them from VC, which platform shouldn't really matter

I refuse to rebuy any more games from VC anymore. I hate that games I've downloaded on the wii/wiiu/3ds don't transfer to my new systems or alternate systems I own. Massive rip off and more poor Nintendo planning. Same goes for any more amiibo. I got suckered in good as I was sure they'd do something more with them than we got.

I'm not seeing alot of noise or promotion for the switch in stores which is sad with it being due out in less than a month. I bet there'll be very few switch related products available to buy for the first month or so, that fake rarity Nintendo is so good at creating.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I just confirmed this morning that my EB Games will be doing a midnight launch for the Switch, not surprising since they were one of a handful in Queensland that did a midnight launch for the Wii U. I'm just hoping that it won't be a repeat of the Wii U launch which was, get home at 12:05, hook up the Wii U and wait 8 hours for a day one firmware update to download.

I just confirmed this morning that my EB Games will be doing a midnight launch for the Switch, not surprising since they were one of a handful in Queensland that did a midnight launch for the Wii U. I'm just hoping that it won't be a repeat of the Wii U launch which was, get home at 12:05, hook up the Wii U and wait 8 hours for a day one firmware update to download.
    I laughed but man, I would be so p1$$3D.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I am also hoping for VC to be properly handled in the transition. It is a given that there will be a VC service in the Switch but will they allow us to have our previously purchased games?

From a technical perspective, why not? They are just ROMs. All they need to do is get the emulator working on the Switch which shouldn't be a big deal and something they would have done anyways. The ROM itself would be the same so no reason to not let us transition our games.

On the other hand, they briefly experimented on DS Virtual console. Since we no longer have the dual screen of the Wii U, I am not sure how that will be handled.

Just listening to the Giant Beastcast. They said there is no VC on the Switch at launch, so the Switch is 100% a Zelda BotW machine at launch from the sounds of it.