Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage game consoles

Yeah when I get mine I'll add DKC 2 and 3. Problem is finding Nintendo first party roms these days if you don't have them downloaded already. Before the SNES Classic announcement first party Nintendo roms were removed from the more reputable rom archives.

The first games I fired up were Mario Kart and F-Zero. On F-Zero, without thinking I set it straight to expert difficulty. Oh man, wasn't that an experience

And I've got a loooooooooooooonnnnnnnng way to go before I'm anywhere near my old Ghost Valley 1 lap times. It took me 4 tries just to place :
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I initially only wanted to add the glaring omissions of DKC 2&3, Chrono Trigger and Mario All-Stars and licenced impossibilities like Turtles in Time and Jurassic Park. It snowballed from there

I gotta recommend giving Metroid a fair shake, it's a truly special adventure.
    If I could add one more game to the system it would be Donkey Kong Country 2.

The first level of Metroid was a bit tricky but controls on these older games aren't as pick up and go easy to grasp (except for the games where I have the muscle memory and even then I almost instantly died on my first Mario World level until that memory kicked back in)

Super Metroid's default controls can be a bit cumbersome. If you change it to Y run, B jump, A shoot, X item cycle, it'll feel more natural if you're used to stuff like Mario or DKC!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Yeah when I get mine I'll add DKC 2 and 3. Problem is finding Nintendo first party roms these days if you don't have them downloaded already. Before the SNES Classic announcement first party Nintendo roms were removed from the more reputable rom archives.
    Huh. I did not know that, and yep you're right, I had a look on the better rom sites and not only are first party Nintendo roms gone but so are any "complete" sets that might have had them in them.
    Still, where there's a will there's a way, and there are ways of verifying those rom files so even if you find them on a shady site you can check their validity.

Which reminds me, I never did play DKC (any of them), maybe I should give them a go one of these days lol

I get my roms here its the no intro collection that was made for preservation, no hacks or alterations.

Got my SNES Mini. I walked into work for shopping and saw we got more of them in and grabbed one.

I'm amazed that Nintendo went as far as replicating the plastic wrapping the controllers and even the cable ties of the original.

Time to add DKC 2 and 3 to the SNES.

You lost me. How would one add more games to snes mini?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Check the post above Delta's
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Long story short, modding the snes mini's software.
    You can find videos on the subject here, or here, or even here, take your pick.
    Please note that this will void any warranties, and you're on your own finding the games ~cough, gutsmans post, cough~ to do the mod but that's how you do it