Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon JAPAN items (shipping to Australia)

Default Amazon JAPAN items (shipping to Australia)

This question is about Amazon JP.

I know that Amazon JP is now shipping more items internationally. You can order video games from Amazon JP now accourding to people I know in the video game industry. Do we know if Amazon JP is shipping toys internationally yet? I'd consider them as an alternative to HLJ if they do ship internationally.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

They do.

At least they're shipping lots of figurines, so possibly toys as well.

Update:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=sr_nr_...nid=2493949051

These should all be available to ship to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bato View Post
    Update:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=sr_nr_...nid=2493949051

These should all be available to ship to Australia.
    Well that's interesting.
    Looks like Amazon Japan have finally set up their Global Shipping Option to start include toys.
    And they have some items already on the list that I want.

The toys section as well:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=sr_nr_...nid=2321267051

Once you create an account it takes a bit of fiddling to figure out how to set it back to english, but after that you only need to look for " AmazonGlobal Eligible" in the search results.

Not available to us but if you have any US friends that can grab it for ya AOE G1 Slog is only $12US

(I created a new topic for Amazon Japan, from the main American Amazon topic)

I finally got to using Amazon Japan to buy some toys, after I noticed that they had added the recent Headmasters (Titans Return) & Masterpiece preorders, with most of them now being available for international shipping (to Australia). Something I hope they do with all of their future Transformers, as a back up option or to buy months later when discounted (if still in stock).

This is the link I bookmark and use for Transformers toys, and I check to make sure the "AmazonGlobal Eligible" box is ticked on the left hand side options listing. It should be sorted by release date, but if it doesn't, just select that option from the top right.

Their prices aren't very competitive (like most of the items on the American Amazon site, as it ends up paying for the free shipping to most domestic customers), but scrolling through the list of Transformers toys available to international customers, there are a few odd discounted old items that might appeal to some people.
    Like, I bought several items that were all a year or two old, but were 30-50% off, so made it worthwhile getting, even at the current exchange rate.

The one big thing that you need to know about Amazon Japan (if you haven't ever used that site before for the various Transformers guide books or other items), is that they use DHL as their international carrier, NOT the postal service... so you need to have a home address selected for delivery, or you might end up getting a phone call from the nearest DHL depot to your location asking for your home address, which will delay its delivery. As such, you will need to be at home or get it sent somewhere you will be at every day, to receive it... they have been known to sometimes drop off items at a post office if you list a PO Box, but most of the time they will refuse to do it, or just can't if they need a signature.
    Since it is a courier, it is more expensive than the postal service, and a lot faster... so if speed isn't important, this isn't a good option to use until such time that they have cheaper options or the regular mail service.

The eight items I got last week (which only took the weekend to get here - it was shipped on Friday the 12th and arrived at my house Monday the 16th), were the last two retail Q-Transformers toys I was missing, some redeco Adventure/RID toys, and the nanoblock Bumblebee (micro sized lego styled blocks).
    The total cost for this was AU$177, with AU$55 of that being shipping (so just AU$122 for all eight items). At their regular retail cost, these would have added up to about AU$170 before shipping, so I'm happy with the total price I paid... but would be even happier with a cheaper shipping option, as it wasn't a big box.

Next time I might have a look at ordering from non-Amazon sellers who ship internationally, like the American Amazon has... and see how that goes.

Their prices aren't very competitive (like most of the items on the American Amazon site, as it ends up paying for the free shipping to most domestic customers),
    The headmasters have been pretty popular and going up in price soon after release, across the board here. Normally Amazon JP is maybe a few dollars more expensive overall than other domestic stores (most of which charge shipping fee), so Amazon's free domestic shipping is pretty much a farce unless you're buying lots. Aside from that, they recently put in place a 2000Y threshold you have to reach for free domestic shipping too, they say so they can enable the shipping of too small items for free. Which is bullshit, cause they were doing it for years before!

I found nothing but overpriced toys on there. But I did find some pics for new redecos of Tomica white hope robot in black with battling gun arms and the blue variant is up at hlj.
    Would not have seen this week if not for this thread and browsing amazing Japan so thank you for posting.

I received my Computron this week (and mistakenly ordered a second one from HLJ). The price for Amazon.jp was substantially lower (computron had been discounted) but the packaging was pretty poor. Guess they're using the same cost-cutting methods as their US brethren.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!