Page 15 of 120 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202535 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

I've always (wrongly) assumed his tail folded onto his legs (like Grimlock, Sludge and Snarl).

That probably would've been a better design if it did.. getting that tail past the legs during transformation can be a bit tricky.
    The amount of times you see pics where the tail has been left in the front position, so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I just came across this similar topic on TFW yesterday. It had me checking out quite a few of my toys for all those hidden sculpted details, because I never noticed most of them.
    The sculpted AND painted slingshot on the Legends Wheelie toy was an interesting one.
    But the one I found to be the most amazing one was the Titanium War Within Optimus - the gun has moulded into it, Don Figuroea's signature! Who else can boast having their signature sculpted into a Transformers toy.
    That's crazy! His signature?! some of those i knew, some i didn't. Makes me want to dig through my figures and look
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

MP-10 has painted eyes on his Hasbro figure, to give him a more cartoon look.
    That is what we call light-piping. Many figures have it and it gives a very nice look, though can make some heads look kind of... incomplete.

I've just learnt of Double Pretenders I generally don't collect G1 but have a fondness for these monstrosities through the reading Marvel US comics and Regeneration One - (slim chance, but) would love to see what Furman does with these guys in Regeneration One!

Edit: It's good to know that despite not making it into G1 (as Double Pretenders) Lions (or Cheetahs), Gorillas and Spider-like monsters were able to make it into Beast Wars! A tad far-fetched? Well I see some correlation!

Via: http://www.toyarchive.com/Transforme...BC96Displ.html
    Last edited by SuspectimusPrime; 17th March 2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Further reflection

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Wow! I never knew about those either! Interesting to see that they were likely a precursor to Pretender Monsters - which would also help to explain why the Pretender Monster robots are so small (i.e. you can fit 2 of them into 1 large sized Pretender shell). And of course, there are 6 Pretender Monsters, and even number. It's fairly circumstantial 'evidence', but it's a plausible fan theory.

I realised that Transformers Animated is full of sound effects from Stargate (particularly the 'Zat') and Robocop 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    I realised that Transformers Animated is full of sound effects from Stargate (particularly the 'Zat') and Robocop 2.
    Not uncommon. The G1 cartoons feature many sound effects found in the Star Wars movies.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I love the lightsaber sounds in G1. They bring back a bit of memory for me.

I never realized till I started my new job how much Takara Tomy stuff is sold in Australia under the Tomy brand and none of it is Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I never realized till I started my new job how much Takara Tomy stuff is sold in Australia under the Tomy brand and none of it is Transformers
    That's because Hasbro and Takara have a contract between them which forbids them from "cross contaminating" each other's markets. Tomy can sell Thomas the Tank Engine toys here, because Hasbro doesn't own the rights to that here. They can sell Transformers in each other's markets in special cases where they have obtained permission from the other party.

e.g. toys like MP02 Ultra Magnus, MP04 Convoy Perfect Model, MP Ghost Starscream, DotM Jetwing Optimus Prime etc. are all Takara(TOMY) toys that Hasbro was able to distribute for sale here in Australian stores because they had special permission from Takara(TOMY). But normally Hasbro and TakTOM don't sell their Transformers in each other's markets.