Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Finally finished fixing up my Stinkor so that is closer to what the 4H intended:

It was a lot harder than I thought as I kept ruining the paint while trying to re-assemble the arm! It is strongly suggested that you only paint it once the arms are in place although this limits some access and risks of a mishap increases.

'High end' made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    'High end' made me laugh
    So 'High End' that they sell you figures with reversed arms!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I think that's the death knell of MOTUC. Scott/Mattel have managed to kill the line through sheer greed and stupidity unless the masses don't mind being exploited and abused for another year.
    Yeah, sadly, I have to agree... the writing's definitely on the wall. I saw this same crap from him last year with Ghostbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Finally finished fixing up my Stinkor so that is closer to what the 4H intended:
    Nice Kup!

This is hilarious and disturbing, from Masque (Daniel Benedict, who invented Castle Grayskullman.)

It makes... slightly more sense with CG's bio:

Castle Grayskullman - Heroic Embodiment of Castle Grayskull

During the Second Ultimate Battleground, Hordak and King Hsss' grand army pressed in against the allied heroes of Eternia. In the darkest moment of battle, all hope seemed lost as many heroes fell, including Snake Man-At-Arms and Stratos. Reaching out through the Orb of Power, hidden deep inside Castle Grayskull, He-Man and the new Sorceress used an unrepeatable spell to call upon the Power of Grayskull and infuse life into the very spirit of the castle itself. Rising from the castle's hidden Chamber of Defense, Castle Grayskullman marched into battle, swinging his dual swords of power, helping to turn the tide.

So... the implication is that 'Cherry pickers' won't actually get a chance to pick any cherries unless they sell enough subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott “Toy Voodoo” Neitlich

PS: While we are only metering DCU’s sub, all of the subs are technically on the chopping block now (including MOTUC). If we don’t receive the minimum number of orders, any figures already tooled may be released quarterly but the full year can potentially be canceled (much as we unfortunately had to do for Ghostbusters in 2012). So again, if these are toy lines you love, the best way to support them and guarantee your figures (and that the lines actually go forward) is to subscribe. Without the minimum number of subscribers, none of our lines will be able to move forward. If you are on the fence and we have a toy line you love, subscribe to see it continue! Your sub purchase is your vote for more toys. Simple as that

He's full of shit, the line would be fine if they conquered the shitty QC & substandard customer service + gave us what we wanted.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Once again more strong arming to get us to sub, which i flat out refuse to do.

I preorder from BBTS. It's not cheaper, but it's a standardised price as opposed to Ebay and I know shipping is fast and have never had a problem getting them here.

I love these figures, they are the cornerstone of my collection and I have an entire room dedicated to display them. I bought my two subs and I am even contemplating a third but this line has been managed so poorly that it isn't funny any more.

A few months ago I would have called myself a matty apologist but looking at the big picture I can see just how much TG has bungled his way through this far.

DCUC and MOTUC were held afloat by their respective fandoms and the sculptors/designers. The only thing that Scott can get credit for is bullshitting his way past upper management to show he is the mastermind of the success of the brand. I look at it no differently as the way he has bullshitted the fandom who have supported this line.

There is no, he is a fan first and foremost. That is a load of crap. He is an employee of Mattel first and foremost and one with a huge superiority complex.

Earlier this year, he stated that he is pushing for a natural progression of the mythos which would now focus on the King He-Man era, the same era that features his Gary Stu character. The man has a God complex. For every good he has done he has done just as much bad.

:End Rant:

A little to the left... a little bit more...

This was posted on fb, but I reckon it's worth sharing...

Killin teh lein