Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 112126272829303132333435364151 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    The ends justify the means?

As much as I am pleased to see the line continue, unless they change their practises, it will be the exact same issue this time next year as well.
    never (end justifying means), but it's the only light at the end of the tunnel for me, may be the last year I sub as I wasn't too impressed with this years line up, or the 30th anniversay line...

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeybros View Post
    never (end justifying means), but it's the only light at the end of the tunnel for me, may be the last year I sub as I wasn't too impressed with this years line up, or the 30th anniversay line...
    Ah yeah, I can see that point.

Seems like the hoo-hah has quietened down now then on he-manorg. Or everyone just been banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Ah yeah, I can see that point.

Seems like the hoo-hah has quietened down now then on he-manorg. Or everyone just been banned?
    I think a little from both but it is still a powder keg. Wait till the next QC issue appears or a broken commitment is announced and the whole thing will flare up again.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Looks like the saga continues...

First, Val's post

I gotta say, for a guy who wants this issue put to bed, he keeps bringing it up (in "Closed Threads"). He seems to want to pinpoint a lot of blame on Emiliano for problems with the Org's reputation/affiliation with Mattel, whereas it seems to me that the Org's incessant attempts to appease Scott are more of a cause for many issues.

Anyway, here's Part 1 of Emiliano's response.

Wow, for 2 people that don't want to keep going on about it, they seem to... well... keep going on about it.

I'm not even into MOTU. I just heard about how they are competing against The Bold and The Beautiful and decided to read some good drama.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

hmmm reading thru the posts, and some of the links to heman.org... there certainly a lot of prissy diva type personalities managing that forum ei? pity.....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I am just some guy who has nothing to do with any of this and has nothing to gain or loose from reading all this drama. Although I have been a MOTU fan since the 80s, I only took part in the fan community within the last couple of years so Val and Emiliano are completely new personalities to me whom I did not know existed prior.

However, in the last couple of years I have seen some disturbing practices from Val and the admin staff at He-Man.org including attempts at information and opinion control specially when it comes to criticism against Scott or Mattel. I have seen them take action against such criticism by prematurely closing threads and even censoring and deleting 'inconvenient' posts when the critique is being handled respectfully and fair. On the other hand, posts that unquestionably praise Mattel and Scott are allowed to flourish even when such posters begin to attack people with more discerning attitudes (whose posts often end up deleted).

The Org is ran like a Totalitarian state in which Opinion is moderated in an attempt to artificially create a positive atmosphere towards Scott and Mattel despite all the ill thought out management and questionable attitudes towards fans and customers.

So given that I am an outsider and both Val and Emiliano are equally strangers to me, I find myself leaning towards giving Emiliano the benefit of the doubt. Unlike Val who runs a closed and controlled community, Emiliano encourages opinion and discussion on the matter and doesn't hide or avoid those who would criticize him. You can see that just by the fact that you can comment on what Emiliano has written while Val's post is a closed thread which prevents anyone from commenting on what he has said.

There is also the factor that all this drama is really being caused by Val who seems adamant at trying to tarnish Emiliano's standing with fans. I didn't know about any of this stuff until Val started to make his posts forcing Emiliano to defend himself. If he had kept silent, the issues between them would have remained private between the two of them.
    Last edited by kup; 30th August 2012 at 12:22 AM.

Wow. that's just sad. Emiliano's art made the 200X comic in my opinion. but at the end of the day control freak jerks will get their way by being bullies and liars.
    I'm pretty much at lurker status on the org because I can't think of anything nicer to say than "shut the hell up, all of you." It's only good for the occasional tidbit of MOTUC news.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Wow. that's just sad. Emiliano's art made the 200X comic in my opinion. but at the end of the day control freak jerks will get their way by being bullies and liars.
    I'm pretty much at lurker status on the org because I can't think of anything nicer to say than "shut the hell up, all of you." It's only good for the occasional tidbit of MOTUC news.
    I am also not seeing much point in posting there either.