Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for G1 Vintage style!

benben2142 Guest

Default Looking for G1 Vintage style!

Hey guys looking for the following
    All 1984,1986 figures and all headmasters, targetmasters, godmaster and powermaster figures and even pretenders. Conditions , must be mint complete and with all paper work, red tech decoder, used sticker sheet. Are there any useful web sites apart from ebay.

have you tried

www.robotkingdom.com

www.transformerland.com

play-asia.com

verycoolthings.com

those are websites that i thought that may return good results that you havent considered
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Lol so am i.

Gee your not asking for much are you.....

All 1984,1986 figures and all headmasters, targetmasters, godmaster and powermaster figures and even pretenders. Conditions , must be mint complete and with all paper work, red tech decoder, used sticker sheet. Are there any useful web sites apart from ebay.
    How much money do you have to spend? That's going to cost you a lot of cash to get all those.

And really, you only need two Red Tech decoders one to use, and one to keep as a spare (or even cheaper buy some red cellophane).

what are those red things.

i have heaps of them.
    never knew what they were

Quote Originally Posted by benben2142 View Post
    Hey guys looking for the following
    You should have bought that Million dollar auction that was on Ebay a couple of months back.
    ________
    Bmw 3 Series (E46) History
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix83
    what are those red things.

i have heaps of them.
    never knew what they were
    they're tech specs decoders. Up to 1988 G1 tech specs had all the stats "scrambled" that needed a transparent red piece of plastic called the Tech Specs Decoder(TM) to decode the information. A red piece of cellophane will do... or you could just look - they're not that hard to see through!

The Transformers Monopoly Chance and Community Chest cards on the other hand have been done a lot better in that it's really hard to read them without the decoder!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I reckon those Tech Spec decoder are one of the best novelty that could be included with a toy.... makes one go all excited!

yeah but I don't know if they're worth collecting en masse! As Paulbot said, you only really need one or two. It seems that benben is insisting that the toy has the tech specs decoder in order for him to truly consider it "complete" - which is true if we're talking about "complete w/ all inserts"... but frankly I don't think it's worth paying extra prices for inserts - i.e.: tech specs decoder, catalogue, instruction booklet etc.; especially the 1984 catalogue which is hideously rare and I've heard goes for quite a sum. The only Hasbro G1 catalogue I don't have is the 1984 catalogue but I'd be happy to have just one copy of it.

I swapped with a classmate a doubled-up minibot (Pipes) for the 1984 catalogue way back in 1987