Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wanna burn my eyes out...

Default I wanna burn my eyes out...

Found this today after playing swapsies . Didn't buy it but had to borrow it to show. Feast your eyes on the $%!tness. It's a pity, I really need an apeface.
    It's ok though, this one is licensed by HRSBRO.

Umm thats a bad KO right. Your right you dont want that one

Im slow tonight yeah thats one funny Hasbro or should I say HRSBRO marking hahah

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Umm thats a bad KO right. Your right you dont want that one

Im slow tonight yeah thats one funny Hasbro or should I say HRSBRO marking hahah
    Soooo bad. has be held to be believed. Plastic so thin . 1992? not sure what year a real apeface is stamped.

Apeface should be from 1987 - Headmaster era.

That is a very strange KO but at least it is obvious that it is one. I guess that there is some oddity value with it as the fake stamp is rather amusing.

Apart from the K.O headmaster 10 planet master set thing, I had no idea there were any k.o headmasters (which is why I like em so damn much) I saw on a website they were going to produce a weirdwolf recently but i don't know if that got off the ground. (looks average anyway)
    hsbro hrsbro and his'n'hrsbro.
    how good is the detail on spasma's face. like someone did it with 1 dot from a paintpen

At least it's a very obvious fake. What you wanna be more careful of are the counterfeit toys that are difficult to distinguish from the originals -- people are more likely to get duped by those.

Ha that's a very obscure find! Surely there can't be many of these floating around anywhere.

If you're ever keen on offloading it, there's a couple of nutters on tfw2005 that collect weird n wonderful vintage knock offs.

Thanks for sharing the pics, always nice to get info on KOs floating about.

At least there is some honest selllers who clearly say it's not legit. If only half the people actually read the whole listing or even the full title.

I don't know if the seller stated it, but this Apeface KO is so obviously fake that there's really no disclaimer necessary. You'd have to be blind or incredibly ignorant to mistake this for the real deal. There's a thread here that showcases other hilariously bad KOs.

The real problem KOs are the ones that are better quality counterfeits and are harder to tell from the originals (and thus more likely to deceive people). I don't like or condone of KOs of any sort, but I dislike the more authentic-looking imitations more because they're clearly designed to deceive even more discerning collectors.