Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TFC products

I like my combiners to be able to stand without fear of toppling over in something other than an A-stance. I like them to be able to have strong enough hips out of the box to not need hip replacements. I like my combiners to have interesting and involving transformations. I like my combiners to not have colour slapped in stupid and uncohesive ways.

These are all problems I have with my TFC combiners. Size is not the single most important factor.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I like my combiners to be able to stand without fear of toppling over in something other than an A-stance. I like them to be able to have strong enough hips out of the box to not need hip replacements. I like my combiners to have interesting and involving transformations. I like my combiners to not have colour slapped in stupid and uncohesive ways.

These are all problems I have with my TFC combiners. Size is not the single most important factor.
    I've only ever heard good things about Hercules, but considering they were the first third party combiner set, the reviewers at the time I imagine would've been seeing through "rose tinted glasses". Any chance someone can provide some criticism on Hercules for me? and I guess to a lesser extent, Maketoys Giant? I've yet to buy a set, so I'd like some honest feedback to help me decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    I've only ever heard good things about Hercules, but considering they were the first third party combiner set, the reviewers at the time I imagine would've been seeing through "rose tinted glasses". Any chance someone can provide some criticism on Hercules for me? and I guess to a lesser extent, Maketoys Giant? I've yet to buy a set, so I'd like some honest feedback to help me decide.
    My experience with TFC combiners to date has been limited to playing with others toys. I've played with a couple of limbs of Devastator and Superion. For Maketoys, I own Giant and all of their releases to date minus the minibots (Powerglide/Seaspray) and Shattered Glass Battle Tankers.

TFC - bigger in scale, lower grade plastic quality. Lack of attention to detail. Simpler transformations than TFC. The main draw is size but individual bots tend to be weaker. A very bad habit of theirs that brings them no goodwill is the propensity to leave out key accessories and then package those separately AFTER all the mainbots have been released - thus making customers pay even more for what is already $600 figures.

Maketoys - Giant is gorgeous. The toys are more complex to transform. So feel this makes them not fun but I love the transformation component of TFs so this is a win. QC and detailing is way better than TFC. It's some of the best out there. Scale wise, it's better with Classics than TFC or the Warbotron mob. Maketoys is the higher standard of toy and each of the individual robots are packed with weapons, details, sculpting and well thought out transformations.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    My experience with TFC combiners to date has been limited to playing with others toys. I've played with a couple of limbs of Devastator and Superion.
    I can help with your limited experience with TFC. I have the full set of TFC Hercules, Perseus (colour variant of Hercules) and Uranos (not-Superion) on my Sales thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I can help with your limited experience with TFC. I have the full set of TFC Hercules, Perseus (colour variant of Hercules) and Uranos (not-Superion) on my Sales thread.
    If only you'll ship stuff across to WA

Just saw the pics of TFC's Hotspot...
    Very nice IMO (sorry pics are in Facebook).
    Looks very G1-ish.
    Not everyone's cuppa tea but heck, it's mine
    Gonna grab me this set.
    Also like their Not-Groove in bot and vehicle mode compared to Maketoys.