Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FansProject "A New Leader"

Default FansProject "A New Leader"

FansProject: A New Hope Leader was revealed at TFCon. I found these on TFW2005

I am excited, conflicted, optimistic and cautious all at the same time. His hands sticking out to form the side 'tanks' of the alt mode are either gonna make or break this figure. I just hope he's about the same size as Toy World Orion.

I hope there is more to this than what is shown. Truck mode is super ugly and what's with the fists on the side?

Yuk. That is all I have to say.

It's a self contained Powermaster Optimus Prime, reimagined. No partsforming but it appears to use the classics Prime mould as a base. There are pics of the prototype in robot mode on TFW. I'll try and find them tomorrow.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Rodimus and Ultra Magnus didn't look right so they benefitted from an add on kit. Classics Optimus is already pretty good and doesn't need this extra armor.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Looks very disproportioned?? :/

So far it just looks ugly, but if it's part of a Power Master with trailer set then maybe.....

EDIT: Found what I believe is a pic of the bot mode linked below. It looks like semi Powermaster Prime/City Commander.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1405200685.jpg

I kinda thought FP had left the Classics Prime mould behind, but it looks like they are going back to where it all begun by making their own, Makes you wonder if they will re-do City Commander one day two.
    Last edited by Lord_Zed; 13th July 2014 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    So far it just looks ugly, but if it's part of a Power Master with trailer set then maybe.....

EDIT: Found what I believe is a pic of the bot mode linked below. It looks like semi Powermaster Prime/City Commander.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1405200685.jpg

I kinda thought FP had left the Classics Prime mould behind, but it looks like they are going back to where it all begun by making their own, Makes you wonder if they will re-do City Commander one day two.
    That's it. And there is no trailer. The entire thing is contained within the truck cab.

It is clear that we need more info on what is going on with this. However personally speaking, I would have preferred a complete toy Powermaster Prime rather than an upgrade kit for Classics. That toy is pretty dated now and using it as a basis will always cause limitations/design difficulties which the fists sticking out look to be one of them.

I like classics Prime. An add on to make him PM Prime would be bought without hesitation.