Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 313181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitening yellowed toys with Hydrogen Peroxide

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    thats why a UV lamp is handy at a time like this where sunlight is limited. do everything indoors.

also, for those that are attempting to improve their yellowed getaway, how do you plan to repair the windscreen section in H2O2 cos it has actual paint on the windscreen? i mean, wouldnt that be at risk of becoming pink-ish?
    I have only heard of a few occurrences of paint becoming affected. Personally, I have only seen it once and that was with a 1987 targetmaster (gun guy) when his face went a paler shade of red.

Aside from that, all painted figures have come out just fine, an example that I can think of now Vroom. His paint actually came out cleaner and brighter! That's probably due to a lot of the dirt and crap on the surface being dissolved by the H2O2 which was probably a safer thing than wiping it with a cleaning agent.

Okay I thought I would give this a go. First up was G1 Whirl with 6%Peroxide been two days and is working but so slow. Next up I got a one ltr bottle of 12% Creme Peroxide from (Price attack?) Lots of Hair products (was my wifes idea to look at that place)

I used it on my G1 Getaway. Painted it on thick with a brush and left him out in the sun all day. It worked great and he is as white as he was when he was new. No damage has been done to the figure. Total success. Will try it on the Whirl tomorow I think.

Sweet VERT!! can we see some pics? Oh pics as well of that peroxide cream your talking about... would be a better idea to use Iguess with my AM megs since the gray and purple parts are already fading from last time I dipped it in a bath.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Okay just some pics of Getaway's Car mode and the bottle. Enjoy

wow... thats excellent results on getaway!! its bright white!
    the cream sounds like a much better solution when you dont want to dunk the entire part in H2O2 solution

how much did it cos for the 12% peroxide cream? i want to give it a go too.

It just cost $10 I coated Whirl and Scourge both really yellow at 9:00 am just looked at them and wow almost done. They have been out in the sun all day. This cream is fast and works. Its kinda like a clear Gell so happy with how its working.
    Last edited by VERT; 3rd August 2011 at 09:49 PM.

It would be interesting to try it on a 1987 toy which isn't so liquid H2O2 friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It would be interesting to try it on a 1987 toy which isn't so liquid H2O2 friendly.
    Could always test it on the rest of Slugslinger

I am tempted to pick some up anyway to use on Octane and a few others that are a bit bad.

Im working on a 1987 Pointblank was in real bad shape. So far so good. Sludgeslinger I might try if he needs it. He is not that bad and in good shape. Will post picks soon.

I have used the cream on
    Scourge. Worked great
    Whirl. Worked great
    Hotspot.. Worked great
    Pointblank...Soon Might give the boy an extra day.
    Blur. Worked great.
    Last edited by VERT; 2nd August 2011 at 02:59 PM.

Nice, ill buy a bottle and test t too, need to put some on that failed Rid Prowl, AM megs, G1 Rippersnapper and Hun gurrr, as well as my 2nd getaway ( which I need to reassemble really), Thanks for the discovery VERT! Also might use this on a Stay Puft figure which has a smudge on his person
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]