Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titans Return Wave 4 toys fully revealed and in-hand

FatalityPitt Guest

Default Titans Return Wave 4 toys fully revealed and in-hand

Pictures of Wave 4 deluxes (Perceptor, Kup, Topspin, KROK and QUAKE) in package!

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...evealed/37064/

For repaints, Krok and Quake came out much better than I would have expected. Breakway is the only one letting down a fantastic effort with deluxes in this line.

Topspin was (Im pretty sure) my first boxed TF ever so I have a soft spot for him and this looks great.

I like the look of Krok, but it can't replace the TFCC version for me
    Kup is still meh for me, but the others are bought on sight

Krok... for me is underwhelming, but like others have said its cause the TFCC version is much better.

I really want Quake to be a targetmaster... but that head sculpt amazing

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Topspin was (Im pretty sure) my first boxed TF ever so I have a soft spot for him and this looks great.
    Gee Topspin annoyed me. My collection was very limited and I was given Topspin rather than a car former like any normal person would want.

That said, this one looks good and I will get him for pure nostalgia too.

The reveal of these new toys when from blurry photos to detailed in hand boxed and loose pics so fast!

Looking at Topspin's alt mode - with some minor retooling, swinging the wings the other way, and painted pinky-red he'd become Misfire...

Ooooh, didn't know they were doing Quake - want! He was always my favourite of the 1988 Targetmasters. Clever way to reuse the Hardhead mould too (we don't need another Warpath)

Well like Breakways the repaints are a little forced, but they came out a lot better.

Not sure if Krok ever looked like he turned into a gator though, I know his AM partner did, but he looked more like he had jet kibble. Still not complaining, happy to have an affordable modern Krok option, and if standing in for IDW Krok, alt mode hardly matters as a monoformer.

FatalityPitt Guest

I was only planning to get Broadside from this point on, but the more I see Topspin, the more I look forward to buying him. Which is weird since he's one of those characters who never caught my attention until now.

I never owned a G1 Topspin and found it unimpressive-looking the first time I saw it, but I found the Jumpstarter gimmick to be strangely fun and addictive (a friend lent me his). In the comics he was just background character who was just there (until he died).

But this new Deluxe looks great, and the alt-mode looks like Technobot Strafe, except with a cockpit. He looks like he could be a heavy retool of Triggerhappy based on this pic: http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/u.../Topspin-9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Still not complaining, happy to have an affordable modern Krok option, and if standing in for IDW Krok, alt mode hardly matters as a monoformer.
    Might as well just stick with my G1 Krok then.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    I was only planning to get Broadside from this point on, but the more I see Topspin, the more I look forward to buying him. Which is weird since he's one of those characters who never caught my attention until now.

I never owned a G1 Topspin and found it unimpressive-looking the first time I saw it, but I found the Jumpstarter gimmick to be strangely fun and addictive (a friend lent me his).
    The Jumpstarters were possibly the worst shelfwarmers in 1985 (Warpath was the worst pegwarmer ). The Jumpstarter gimmick rarely worked the way that it was supposed to, with the toys often falling flat rather than landing on their feet, or sometimes the toy wouldn't trigger properly after its roll. The Transformers Armada Happy Meal Starscream toy actually has the same gimmick and it works much better in that toy than in the Jumpstarters! And it's just a $2 Happy Meal toy! (back when Happy Meal TF toys were actually decent) ... and the Happy Meal Armada toys can Power Link with Mini-Cons and they can combine!
    Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    In the comics he was just background character who was just there (until he died).
    But he'll always be a member of the original Wreckers! He also met a pretty gruesome death at Megatron's hands in the Time Wars... as many Transformers did (little wonder that the Autobots and Decepticons who managed to make it out of the Time Wars alive allied themselves as the aptly named Survivors). Wreck and Rule.