View Poll Results: Devastation game - how do you rate it?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

17 45.95%
  • Good

18 48.65%
  • Barely a pass

2 5.41%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME review - Devastation

For those that have bought the game, can you please tell me if it comes with a printed instruction booklet? I bought mine (PS3) from Big W only because it was cheaper than most, but I have a feeling they didn't give me the instructions.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    For those that have bought the game, can you please tell me if it comes with a printed instruction booklet? I bought mine (PS3) from Big W only because it was cheaper than most, but I have a feeling they didn't give me the instructions.
    No.
    (See post #16 - and that included a sealed copy I got by mistake)

Thanks griffin. It's very strange that they didn't include one. It's actually the first PS3 game that I've bought that doesn't come with a booklet.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Talk about cheap...

And I looked at what did come with my copy of the game, and I couldn't see anything telling us to go online to a particular address for the instruction manual.

It's like Activision just gave up on this game at the end, with minimal marketing, no in-store marketing, and no instruction manual.

On my ps4 cover it under instruction for the game on the back of the case cover.

Accoding to that it looks like it on the game as well so it not online only sorry about that if it is not online only.

Isn't it pretty standard these days for no instruction books? Sure the last few games I've bought have just had a slip of paper directing me to go online

^yup, or if does have one it is just health warnings mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    This is just a button mashing japanese bet'emup game where you run around pressing buttons that do flashy moves then it's 'rinse and repeat' for the next level.
    I'm with Kup - I came to the same conclusion within just a few minutes of playing the game. This game is definitely NOT in the same league as the previous War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron!

Ah well too bad at least we get a G1 Transformers game on PC in these modern times anyway ...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Isn't it pretty standard these days for no instruction books? Sure the last few games I've bought have just had a slip of paper directing me to go online
    Well that sucks.
    When I'm playing the game and want to look up what certain elements mean (like the Ark fit-out options), I want to have the booklet handy to flick through quickly or refer to while I'm playing... I don't want to be turning on my computer to do a search for the manual then read through that. (or have it saved on the computer that still needs to be accessed, when I usually turn off when playing a console as it wastes power leaving devices running)

Was it really a cost cutting measure to print out a cover (and in some versions an enclosed slip of paper with the warnings and fineprint), but not an extra two sheets of paper for the instructions.
    Or was there a demand by hardcore gamers to not have a physical copy because it is "so 2000s" to not have it replaced by a digital copy?

I think if people prefer everything digital, they should purchase a downloadable copy of the game which needs online instructions... but if you purchase a physical version of the game because of preference, then it should come with a physical copy of the instructions. Not half and half.

(besides, I like the art in the instructions, and would have liked to have a physical, glossy copy)

Okay, ranting over.... did anyone accessing the online (PDF) version of the instructions have parts of the text obscured by lines or blocks when you have it viewed at different magnifications?
    I had to keep changing the magnification to read it all because different lines were being obscured by lines and blocks of white at various magnifications.