Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Prime Wars: Part 3 Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    I agree with Lord Zed on Hasbro being wary of Beast lines, but I also agree with you here, I don't think they could make an entire line of Duocons (especially since Battletrap just got a TFCC toy and Flywheels has been made a Titan Master.)
    I can certainly understand if Hasbro did have reservations about a purely beast line, but the strange thing is, I actually have faith in G1 fans for it to succeed.

Prime: Beast Hunters was awful. The aesthetic was horrific to look at. I think this is the root cause of anxiety within the fandom towards beasts at the moment (perhaps with a slight hangover still lingering from Beast Machines all those years ago). A Generations line of beasts would be totally different, because it would be playing to the strengths of G1 -- both in terms of characters and design.

For example, an updated set of G1 Dinobots toys would look like the G1 Dinobots. There wouldn't be some weird aesthetic creeping in, or some over-baring gimmick ruining the toy -- they'd be just as fans want them (within reason {see: Titans Return Galvatron}).

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Just wanted to note that as well as the Duocons and Overlord, there's also Multiforce for a bunch of robots that could be made up of two vehicles. And you could potentially homage most of the Autobots from Energon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Just wanted to note that as well as the Duocons and Overlord, there's also Multiforce for a bunch of robots that could be made up of two vehicles. And you could potentially homage most of the Autobots from Energon too.
    Well, aren't those Multiforce figures nifty little things. Bot to Alt-Mode to Semi-Combiner to Combiner Limb. They do it all!

A Landcross made up of redecoed Combiner Wars bots is always possible. I'd be surprised if TT hadn't considered it.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Let's go the whole hog...

Beast Master:
    Nautilator (Piranacon Weapon)
    Icepick (Monstructor Weapon)
    Razor-Sharp
    Sights
    Gatoraider
    Lionizer
    Top-Heavy
    Catgut
    Scorpulator
    Needler
    Screech
    Tyrannitron
    Fire Beast
    Wingthing
    Steeljaw
    Ramhorn
    Laserbeak
    Buzzsaw
    Ratbat
    Ravage
    Slugfest
    Overkill
    Beastbox
    Squawktalk

Legend:
    Overbite (Piranacon Limb)
    Seawing (Piranacon Limb)
    Skalor (Piranacon Limb)
    Tentakil (Piranacon Limb)
    Slog (Monstructor Limb)
    Birdbrain (Monstructor Limb)
    Scowl (Monstructor Limb)
    Wildfly (Monstructor Limb)
    Rippersnapper (Abominus Limb)
    Blot (Abominus Limb)
    Sinnertwin (Abominus Limb)
    Cutthroat (Abominus Limb)
    Venom
    Barrage
    Ransack
    Allicon (Retool of Titans Return Gnaw)
    Break
    Stampy

Deluxe:
    Snaptrap (Piranacon Torso)
    Bristleback (Monstructor Torso)
    Hun-Gurrr (Abominus Torso)
    Divebomb (Predaking Limb)
    Tantrum (Predaking Limb)
    Headstrong (Predaking Limb)
    Rampage (Predaking Limb)
    Beast Wars Blackarachnia
    Beast Wars Tarantulas (Retool of Beast Wars Blackarachnia)
    Catilla
    Beast Wars Cheetor (Retool of Catilla)
    Beast Wars Tigatron (Retool of Catilla)
    Ravage (Retool of Catilla)
    Chainclaw
    Beast Wars Polar Claw (Retool of Chainclaw)
    Carnivac
    Beast Wars Wolfang (Retool of Carnivac)
    Beast Wars K-9 (Retool of Carnivac)
    Snarler
    Beast Wars Razorbeast (Retool of Snarler)
    Beast Wars Terrorsaur
    Beast Wars Lazorbeak (Redeco of Terrorsaur)
    Beast Wars Airazor
    Beast Wars Buzz Saw (Redeco of Generations Waspinator)

Voyager:
    Razorclaw (Predaking Torso)
    Grimlock
    Slag
    Snarl (Retool of Slag)
    Swoop
    Sludge
    Paddles (Retool of Sludge)
    Beast Wars Dinobot
    Beast Wars Grimlock (Redeco of Beast Wars Dinobot)

Leader:
    Onyx Prime
    Optimus Prime
    Thunder Clash (Retool of Optimus Prime)
    Megatron
    Dreadwing (Retool of Megatron)
    Thunderwing

Titan:
    Scorponok
    Omega Supreme

There we have it. 83 figures over 6 size classes, incorporating Combiners, Pretenders, Insecticons, Dinobots, Cassettes, Headmasters, Beast Wars and Action Masters characters with an overall 'beast' theme.

The Beast Masters transform from beast to weapon and have a 5mm plug so as to be held by larger figures. They continue the Titan Masters price point from Titans Return. In addition to this, Break and Stampy from the Legends size also have a 'weapon' mode.

That was fun.

But why are Piranacon and Monstructor Legends class limbs? I'm pretty sure despite differences in toy sizes they are roughly the same size as the other Combiners.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

But why are Piranacon and Monstructor Legends class limbs? I'm pretty sure despite differences in toy sizes they are roughly the same size as the other Combiners.
    Just to mix it up a bit.

A lot of the alt-modes for Monstructor and Abominus are... a little nondescript, so instead of putting them in the Deluxe class, which is highest selling price point (or so I'm told), you put them in the Legends. They have a gimmick of combination, so there's still a reason to buy them, but ogres and monsters aren't really what kids would be expecting from TF toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Just to mix it up a bit.

A lot of the alt-modes for Monstructor and Abominus are... a little nondescript, so instead of putting them in the Deluxe class, which is highest selling price point (or so I'm told), you put them in the Legends. They have a gimmick of combination, so there's still a reason to buy them, but ogres and monsters aren't really what kids would be expecting from TF toys.
    Fair enough. I think I'd still make Piranacon normal CW size but I take your point with Monstructor.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Fair enough. I think I'd still make Piranacon normal CW size but I take your point with Monstructor.
    All the G1 combiners deserve to follow the same method as CW (4D, 1V), but I was trying to cram in as much as I could.

Reading similar topics on other boards, some people have reservations about beasts because there's no one unifying gimmick. So instead, I put two in! They're not unifying per se, but everyone can wield one of the beastly Targetmaster-like partners.

Masters:
    • Do you remember the Waspinator Targetmaster-like figure that came with Generations Legends Starscream?

The idea is continued with more Beast Wars characters which are later redecoed into the G1 Action Master partners.

Legends:
    • Finish off the G1 Insecticons.
    • Three slightly larger Targetmaster figures in Stampy, Break and Icepick.
    • The entire run of beastly G1 cassettes get a reimagining.

Deluxes:
    • Combiner Limbs for Abominus and Monstructor
    • The three Pretender Beasts
    • Beast Wars updates (some retools from the Pretender Beasts)

Voyagers:

• Combiner Torsos for Abominus and Monstructor
    • The G1 Dinobots
    • Beast Wars Dinobot

Leaders:
    • Optimus Prime based on his Machine Wars body, plus subsequent Thunder Clash redeco.
    • Megatron based on his cancelled G2 Dreadwing Stealth Bomber body, plus a Dreadwing redeco.

Box Sets:
    • So as not to fill the waves with combiner limbs all of the same colour, Predaking and Piranacon come in sets like Victorion in Combiner Wars.

Titans:
    • Self-explanatory.

That'll do for now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I think what Hasbro has been striving for with the first two parts has been interactivity between toys and that theme will continue for the third installment.

With the Combiner Wars toys, there have been so many torso characters and dozens of limb characters that there are literally hundreds (maybe thousands) of different configurations you can make.

With Titans Return the Titan Master partners have achieved much of a similar thing. You can have Hardhead in tank mode with the Titan Master figures from a slew of different characters riding him, Optimus in Base mode with a bunch of different Titan Masters manning guns or walking on ramps,
    So I was right on that point, since they just seem to be bringing Combiner Wars and Titan Master sized bots back

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    So yeah, I think the third installment will go along the same lines. It wont be Beast Wars and I highly doubt it will be Pretenders or Action Masters either.
    And here I was totally wrong