Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro POTP Predaking official images

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Beast modes are too compromised, and the back kibble on the legs in robot mode? AND, where are the fist spikes as per the art? And repurposing the robot guns as the combined guns make them very puny.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

If these were sold separately I would consider buying Tantrum - but even then I'd be seeing how easy it would be to remove Predaking's thigh which blights both robot and beast mode. Rampage would be another I'd consider... but as a whole team for the price they'll be I can't do it.

I appreciate that they're attempting to make the combined modes as kibble free as possible. If they were more comfortable moving away from just copying the G1 designs I reckon they'd be able to do a better job of hiding combiner thighs and the like.

I'd pay $100, maybe $120 for this set and the fact that I'm sure it will be comfortably at least triple that will preclude me from ever owning it. If I'm paying more than $150 for a combiner set I'm going right to the top of the table getting something 3P.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I appreciate that they're attempting to make the combined modes as kibble free as possible. If they were more comfortable moving away from just copying the G1 designs I reckon they'd be able to do a better job of hiding combiner thighs and the like.
    This is what I was thinking, it's a bit of a lazy design process when the figures look blocky in beast mode. I think combined he looks good and that's probably what they were going for like Devvy which compromised the other modes.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    This is what I was thinking, it's a bit of a lazy design process when the figures look blocky in beast mode. I think combined he looks good and that's probably what they were going for like Devvy which compromised the other modes.

...but the constructicons didn't have big massive thighs hanging off their backs as robots, it was only longhaul who suffered and his proportional compromise worked for his alt mode, arms on scrapper were an issue but that was more of a functional problem even with takara's fix

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Nah, I'm with you, I really like the Taktomy Titan class Devestator despite already having an unofficial Deveestator, and I really wanted to get behind this guy too, and put him on my MP shelf, but I just can't get behind this guy for the reported price anyway.

The beast modes look worse than the G1 toys, and I know they have made sacrifices for the combined mode, but I don't think the pay of in combined mode is enough to justify those brick beasts.
    ^^This for me. I was really hoping for an 'as close as we'll get to MP' style design a la Devastator and TR Sixshot, but the set looks awful IMO.

Re. the guns, it looks like Razorclaw's cannon and Rampage's gun can combine for Predaking mode, but these photos just don't have them combined. So, you know...it's a bit less puny.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    ...but the constructicons didn't have big massive thighs hanging off their backs as robots, it was only longhaul who suffered and his proportional compromise worked for his alt mode, arms on scrapper were an issue but that was more of a functional problem even with takara's fix
    The equivalent of the chunks hanging off the back of Headstrong and Tantrum and assorted kibbly bits on Razorclaw were literally their own robot in the Devastator team, being Long Haul - the lower abs/crotch/thighs of the combined mode. Long Haul who, as you pointed out, was a fairly compromised figure for that purpose.

Again, if they didn't just ape the G1 designs I'm almost certain they could have had a better solution than just sticking the thigh block on the back of the leg forming robots.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

FatalityPitt Guest

The set comes with a card or poster showing the remaining Prime Masters.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...ing-set/41270/

So, the next wave of Prime Masters (yet to be revealed) are Nexus, Prima, and Amalgamous Prime. I wonder if they're going to be single-carded or part of another set.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Unfortunately this is a problem of having 5 voyager bots instead of 6. They need the additionally mass to come from somewhere without parts-forming.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Unfortunately this is a problem of having 5 voyager bots instead of 6. They need the additionally mass to come from somewhere without parts-forming.
    TRU DAT!

I am impressed with the in hand photos, it looks like the combined mode is very stable, which I imagine is something the designers would have had as a priority.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)