Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Transformers with GPS, BP, and any fragile parts

If any of you out there like that feeling when someone drags their nails down a blackboard then this video is a must watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrdcj_M7I0w

He is reviewing G1 Skyhammer and even makes a comment about GPS but shows little to no care when transforming him in this review

I didn't see it mentioned in this thread but I may have missed it, Beast Wars Soundwave is an absolute crapper for GPS. Has anyone tried coating these parts with a clear nail polish or the like to see if it helps hold them together a little better?

Oh yeah... I'll never forget the time when I saw Hursticon getting BW Soundwave and it literally crumbled in his hands as he walked out the store!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    If any of you out there like that feeling when someone drags their nails down a blackboard then this video is a must watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrdcj_M7I0w

He is reviewing G1 Skyhammer and even makes a comment about GPS but shows little to no care when transforming him in this review
    This guy does the best reviews on YouTube IMO, no BS. Yeah when he opens those feet....could feel it about to shatter

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I didn't see it mentioned in this thread but I may have missed it, Beast Wars Soundwave is an absolute crapper for GPS. Has anyone tried coating these parts with a clear nail polish or the like to see if it helps hold them together a little better?

And a special thanks to Gok for the BW Soundwave post. I read it and ran off to look at my minty fresh never used one. Then his Bat chest/Croc head snapped off

Heh, I know that feeling. In 2011 I bought a MISB Randy. A chunk came off its side when I opened it and took it out of the plastic tray! (thankfully it was cheap - I bought it as a "pity buy" after traipsing across Taipei to find some little isolated collectable toy store that had nothing I really wanted to buy )

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Oh yeah... I'll never forget the time when I saw Hursticon getting BW Soundwave and it literally crumbled in his hands as he walked out the store!
    Nor will I Goki, nor will I...

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    And a special thanks to Gok for the BW Soundwave post. I read it and ran off to look at my minty fresh never used one. Then his Bat chest/Croc head snapped off
    Sorry to hear of yours befalling the results of the same curse Vert.

For posterity, below is a series of photos highlighting all the areas to look out for with Beast Wars: Mutants - Soundwave;

JP Choro Q "metallic" Rodimus (and probably the others as well) suffers from Brittle Plastic Syndrome.
    Fresh out of a sealed box, I turn the yellow back fin, and the little knob that locks into a tiny dimple at the front and back (for the two modes)
    knocks out a chunk of plastic where the dimple was. There is now a hole in the back panel that is about the size of half a pea.
    The arms were really stiff, and creaking, so I stopped transforming it halfway and put it back in Robot mode.

The plastic is very sparkly, and not flexible like regular Transformers toy plastics. Any attempt at bending a plastic panel was met with creaking and stress marks.
    The black "metallic" Megatron I got had the same creaking sounds, so I had to be really careful transforming it (I didn't get the "TV" version, and wanted to see the gun mode).

I'll take some photos later, to replace this one, which just shows people which toys I'm talking about (the four little ones in the middle).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The black "metallic" Megatron I got had the same creaking sounds, so I had to be really careful transforming it
    Definitely be careful - my one of those broke, and I blamed myself, but it makes sense if the plastic is fragile to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    JP Choro Q "metallic" Rodimus (and probably the others as well) suffers from Brittle Plastic Syndrome.
    Fresh out of a sealed box, I turn the yellow back fin, and the little knob that locks into a tiny dimple at the front and back (for the two modes)
    knocks out a chunk of plastic where the dimple was. There is now a hole in the back panel that is about the size of half a pea.
    The arms were really stiff, and creaking, so I stopped transforming it halfway and put it back in Robot mode
    So glad I got rid of it a year after they were released.
    It just makes it so hard to predict which ones will crumble in time.
    G1 toys still stand tall and proud... If you don't include the Japanese bots like Black Zarak that is