Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gasaraki's Transformers Classics - 3rd Party Stand-ins

Thanks for the review and great pics.
    I'm still on the fence about this guy... mainly due to the price point (which I suppose the same for all the cool 3P stuff out there).
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    cool pic of Planet X PX02 Caelus ..... the alt mode kinda kill it for me , that animal head looks terrible ..plus the price as well.... if it were half that price I wouldn't mind getting him , the robot mode looks really good but the hand articulation is a let down as well . Great review Gasaraki ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Great pics and review. I have my ordered.

Yeah, WFC/FOC designs are not for everyone but I can't fault Planet X. The Pteranodon head is pretty accurate to the game and that's what this line is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Thanks for the review and great pics.
    I'm still on the fence about this guy... mainly due to the price point (which I suppose the same for all the cool 3P stuff out there).
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

Re: Price comment from lancalot, are you going by BBTS price of $80, therefore half-price $40?? I think the only 3rd party figures of comparable size that have approached that price are the Mech Ideas duo, and pretty much nothing else. I guess you can count iGear's warrior series, but the quality and engineering in those are far inferior. I got mine at $60 (RK) which I am happy with, but still, considering Caelus shipped with MP Prowl also at $60, the comparable (but understandable) cost of 3rd party stuff is constantly in our faces.

It's interesting you mention 'line', kup... I would love to see a line from Planet X, especially continuing on with Dinobots. We have been bereft of Dinobots for too long, and I'm am desperate to see more (Animated was really not something I could get into). Anyway, I'm sidetracking... are you aware of what their 3rd figure might be?
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gasaraki View Post
    It's interesting you mention 'line', kup... I would love to see a line from Planet X, especially continuing on with Dinobots. We have been bereft of Dinobots for too long, and I'm am desperate to see more (Animated was really not something I could get into). Anyway, I'm sidetracking... are you aware of what their 3rd figure might be?
    I imagine that if Planet X Caelus sells well enough, there will be a 3rd. Which character? Who knows..

I called it a line because that appears to be the intention from Planet X. We already have two WFC/FOC toys from them so I guess that constitutes a line even if it is very small at this point

I really do hope they continue it into something larger as I do like FOC/WFC game designs. The Hasbro ones suck ass but to me, the Planet X ones are great.

yeah if it around $30-40 I think it worth it .... anything more it has to be a great figure before I consider getting it .