Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mega Steel Radio (aka Not-Blaster)

Default Mega Steel Radio (aka Not-Blaster)

Up for preorder on BBTS

He looks quite nice. Stands 18cm so he is voyager scale. Face I don't like too much, but there is apparently a different head sculpt included. If it was MP size, I would be all over it.

Damn that's a good sculpt....long overdue as I don't really feel the FOC soundwave repaint

I'm considering this

His engineering looks like a direct copy of MP Soundwave.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    His engineering looks like a direct copy of MP Soundwave.
    To the point where the leg design is moronic - there's front-of-Blaster's-leg kibble on the front and inside of his legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    To the point where the leg design is moronic - there's front-of-Blaster's-leg kibble on the front and inside of his legs.
    Or more accurately lazy, this toy appears to be a straight remold from their announced not Soundwave toy.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ndwave-178391/

Odd that they are releasing Blaster first, perhaps they want to compete with Unique Toys version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    lol!

*Lord_Zed beat me to it

Yep, you're dead right guys, from the Pelvis down it's literally Masterpiece Soundwave's design & engineering...

..actually, if you look closely at the back it would seem the whole upper torso has been copied too!

In fact, I would go so far as to say that this whole figure is simply a re-skin of MP Soundwave; the surface details have obviously been changed along with the head, it's likely they've neutered or withdrawn the cassette door & tape shuffling gimmicks and have added a pair of blocks for his handle to attach to in Alt mode.

Yeah this is practically iGear's approach, crossing that IP GREY area directly into the RED zone of Theft! - It's a no-goer for me.

To me, this Blaster only barely passes the KO test.

On the other hand, the Soundwave that Lord_Zed points to (complete with KO Laserbeak) is just not cricket.

That's it. When I get back from work tomorrow I'm going to check MP Soundwave to see if the screw holes are in identical positions.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

To me, this Blaster only barely passes the KO test.

On the other hand, the Soundwave that Lord_Zed points to (complete with KO Laserbeak) is just not cricket.
    I just checked the link... I know what I'd like to do with said cricket bat.

That's it. When I get back from work tomorrow I'm going to check MP Soundwave to see if the screw holes are in identical positions.
    They are, CB, or close enough to. This Blaster doesnt have the flap that folds over the rear of his shoulders, but the screw placements are near identical -legs, thighs, arms, shoulders, torso above the hips -MP SW has 4 screws on his arse, this has two from what i could see

If it was MP scale, i'd be intrigued. That being said, I'd be happy for Takara to re-mold MP SW and use similar engineering for a Blaster. Relatively minimal work (only design, not so much structure and engineering) for great results.