Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 total acquisitions, and your best/worst.

1 - What was the total number (roughly, if you don't know)?
    2 - What was your best acquisition for the year? G1 Pretender Bludgeon
    3 - What was your worst, or the thing you most regretted buying? All the re-colours
    4 - Most difficult item to find? 08 BB and Ultimate BB
    5 - Item you never found, but still want? BT-18
    6 - Were the Movie toys in general good or bad? Average to good
    7 - Were the Real Gear toys in general good or bad? Good
    8 - Were the Classics toys in general good or bad? Good
    9 - Did you think the Japanese TFs in general this year were good or bad? Good
    10 - Did you buy any non-transforming toys? No
    11 - Did you buy any officially licensed (non-toy) merchandise? No, if it doesn't transform it's not a transformer, I really really have to like a statue or such to blow my money on it
    12 - Did you buy the Movie on DVD? Yes
    13 - What are you looking forward to most in 2008?[/QUOTE] TF Movie 2
    Last edited by 1orion2many; 1st January 2008 at 11:37 PM.

1 - What was the total number (roughly, if you don't know)?

About 700 odd figures. Not counting merchandise. I aim to slow down this year as I plan on moving out as well as do some more travelling later in 08.

2 - What was your best acquisition for the year?

Hrm... tough one. Many to choose from.

Custom Ironhide. A combination of high quality paintwork and bargain price.

3 - What was your worst, or the thing you most regretted buying?

Gak... there were a few... but in most cases it was the price. I would have to say most of the TFM droneheads were immensely disappointing. the toys were just below par.

4 - Most difficult item to find?

2007 Botcon Set.I think I started seeking one out in March, not till September/October did I get them, I think.

5 - Item you never found, but still want?

Optimal Optimus.

6 - Were the Movie toys in general good or bad?

The line was good at the start but as it wore on, the figures became increasingly disappointing and hardly worth the effort it took to find them. The repaints are hurting the line. Heaps.

7 - Were the Real Gear toys in general good or bad?

Very good at first. However, the repaints again have rendered any enthusiasm for the line.

8 - Were the Classics toys in general good or bad?

Could've been better but G1 homages with great articulation would always be awesome even though the toys are only of average quality.

9 - Did you think the Japanese TFs in general this year were good or bad?

Not enough of them imo. I'd like more Beast War re-issues of the HTF ones like Rattrap, Terrorsaur etc; giving them show-accurate paint jobs. More Encores will be great too. What's been good so far is how they've surprised us with Sky Lynx. I hope their are more surprises on the way.

10 - Did you buy any non-transforming toys?

Yes, 3 statues, a bunch of Titaniums and Robot Heroes.

11 - Did you buy any officially licensed (non-toy) merchandise?

Nope. Not really. Actually, I did. I bought a Jazz holographic exercise book.

12 - Did you buy the Movie on DVD?

Aye. Two versions. Against my senses yes but I wanted the tin too.

13 - What are you looking forward to most in 2008?

Classics 2.0 and returning to collecting G1 and hopefully completing it in the course of the year. I have about 30-40 G1 figures I estimate. Most aren't cheap but G1 collecting never was.

The lack of good product on shelf and repaints will make it easier too since I won't be tempted by retail offerngs as much and divert money to the worthy cause of G1.

Quote Originally Posted by benben2142 View Post
    Well I only got let's see over 50 that sucks Ice burn got over 100 figures good work getting that botcon set I wis I had it.
    Hey, grass is always greener elsewhere, isn't it I only got 40 or so, but very happy with all of them because they were mostly classics and alts - two kind of transformers I really liked

2 - Best: MP Starscream
    3 - Worst: Classics Ramjet for having very loose hips
    4 - Most difficult: Alt. Rodimus
    5 - Still want: Alt Shockblast
    6 - Movie toys: Couldn't afford 'em
    7 - Real Gear toys: Good. In general.
    8 - Classics toys: Deluxe toys and above all great with one or two exceptions but none truly bad!
    9 - Japanese TFs: Not sure, but the discontinuation of alts and minimal classics appearing seems a loss?
    10 - Non-transforming toys: A viewmaster, so my niece would stop using my original one
    11 - Officially licensed merchandise: TF Monopoly and chess
    12 - Buy the Movie: No. I rarely buy movies at all though.
    13 - In 2008: More new Transformers animated! The first season is off to a decent start...
    Last edited by DigDug; 1st January 2008 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Smily glitch

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    About 700 odd figures. Not counting merchandise. I aim to slow down this year as I plan on moving out as well as do some more travelling later in 08.
    (O_O) You've acquired 700 Transformers in the last 12 months?!? On average that's nearly 2 (1.92 to be precise) Transformers for every day of the year! *speechless*

1. Total Number: 84 that I've kept (a few others were refunded or passed on to others)

2. Best Acquisition: Classics Jetfire as it grew my desires beyond the movie line and I think I have a non-sexual crush on the figure. I'm sure some might argue it was my recent $40 Fort Max.

3. Worst Acquisition: Leader Brawl... which has been returned, so might not count. Voyager Megatron is next.

4. Most difficult item to find: I didn't have too much trouble finding anything I wanted, but finding a fairly priced Classics Starscream was a pain in the ass.

5. Never Found but Want: Botcon 2007 Games of Deception - found it, but just not at an acceptable price relative to the amount of money I had at the time.

6. Movie Toys: good, but deteriorating

7. Real Gear Toys: don't know

8. Classics: good, and hopefully getting better!

9. Japanese Toys: don't know

10. Non-Transforming toys. No.

11. Licensed Merchandise: No, but some was given to me.

12. No

13. Classics 2.0

1. Total Number: ~250 (essentially all that i have bar 6 or so figs)

2. Best Acquisition: Legends Whirl & Evac - best toy mould out there :P

3. Worst Acquisition: probably b/bee unleashed (returned it today) - though not a tf, i also erred in getting a KO mini Menasor, which has now been dutifully mangled by my protege cousin

4. Most difficult item to find: TBH it would have been TRU Soundwave, didnt like me that toy

5. Never Found but Want: Botcon 2007 Games of Deception - found it, but just not at an acceptable price relative to the amount of money I had at the time.

6. Movie Toys: movie cast were great, but there are too many crap extras/repaints now

7. Real Gear Toys: good, but not to the point where repaints are worth buying

8. Classics: awesome, and i will be recollecting these (ty takara releases)!

9. Japanese Toys: no idea

10. Non-Transforming toys: Helmet, all the G1 robot heroes, custom G1 Quintesson prosecutor, all my 3" titaniums, one Attactix pack.

11. Licensed Merchandise: blow up punching bag, complete set of movie trading cards from a toy fair, old 80s catalogue, 86 movie, 86 music cd, 07 movie score, TF Monopoly.

12. Movie on DVD: Yes - transforming case

13. Classics 2.0, and knowing that as they dont come out for a long while i will be able to save some money

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

1 - total number obtained for the year (roughly, if you don't know)?
    >>>>I think about 200+, most of these are micromasters and minicons hehehehehe
    2 - best acquisition for the year?
    >>>> Gigastorm - cheap trypticon version but I'm not complaining at all. He can easily be spruced up with Tryp's parts anyway...
    3 - worst, or the thing you most regretted buying?
    >>>> Kicker with Highwire - Its a lame version compared to the Japanese Kicker with the sword ( which I have as well) But anyways I'm not getting rid of him - someone has to be the fall guy ( a.k.a. bullied victim ) for my Alts and MPs.
    >>>> Really difficult in the Australian ebay ( which I'm limited to, and actual market ) - Wildrider, Pretender Bludgeon- complete, Pretender Thunderwing - complete. Oh and a reasonably priced reflector as well.
    >>>> As above - add an affordable Omega supreme (g1), reasonably priced TF Monopoly game. And those plaque thingies that Soundwarp has hehehehe. Bargain Fort max...... dream on
    >>>> Good ..
    >>>> Good - only wish they make more and not just recolour them to "make" new characters... yeah right were talking Hasbro here aren't we
    >>>> VERY good!! MOre I say!
    9 - Japanese TFs in general this year were good or bad?
    >>>> good in general - though I wish the MPs have more.. metal in them like MP-01
    10 - any non-transforming toys?
    >>>> Yup... Kicker hehehehehe and some other non TF action figures( e.g Lego,ML ). and then some transforming ones but are not TF - (gasp!) gobots.... more cannon fodder troops ahhhhahahaaha.
    11 - officially licensed (non-toy) merchandise?
    >>>> DVDs the whole G1 set(1-6) and Headmasters, TFs comics, TF sourcebook, price guides ( wait is this official if not well not counted then), poster/lithograph, vector sigma, accessories, oh and TF movie chess set
    12 - Movie on DVD?
    >>>> Nope waiting for it to go down in price ( it will eventually hehehe like 3 for $40)
    13 - looking forward to most in 2008?
    >>>> MORE TF Classics!
    Last edited by liegeprime; 9th January 2008 at 06:48 PM.

1 - About 20-30
    2 - BTA02 Sunstreaker
    3 - Cybertron Ultra Menasor
    4 - Movie Deluxe Bumblebee
    5 - Nothing particular
    6 - OK but getting boring
    7 - Border-lining good & bad
    8 - Good
    9 - Good
    10 - No
    11 - G1 DVD complete tin set, TF priceguide, Movie kids clothes & undies (for my 7yr old)
    12 - Yes, the transforming case
    13 - Not sure if I want to look into this year. It means more spending! But if I must, Botcon'08!

1 - From (my very vague memory) it was between 100 and 130.
    2 - BW Neo Longrack
    3 - Movie Jazz, Brawl, Blackout... I'll go Blackout
    4 - Cybertron Menasor/Alt Hot Rod, and still cnanot find a Thunderclash in good condition.
    5 - Movie Longarm
    6 - Bad, and getting worse.
    7 - Brilliant, but repaints are souring it.
    8 - Exceptional
    9 - Good
    10 - Robot Heroes! Also Titaniums and DVD's.
    11 - Yup. Bubble Bath
    12 - Gf made me buy the Transforming one
    13 - Animated
    Last edited by i_amtrunks; 9th January 2008 at 09:28 AM.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

1 - What was the total number obtained for the year (roughly, if you don't know)?
    About 20. Not including replacements.

2 - What was your best acquisition for the year?

BT-18 Ligier

3 - What was your worst, or the thing you most regretted buying?

Music Label Soundwave. It's a decent figure but basic MP3 player not worth the extra $80.

None really. Classics Starscream eluded me for a while at a decent price. Thanks dirge (:

None. Maybe MP-1 at a decent price.

Bad I thought. Only exception is BB08. Thanks Rampage

Good. I only have the MP3 player one tho, Booster. If the rest were properly scaled I may have bought more.

Good, but not really my thing, although I have about half (excluding the Botcon set, as I do)

9 - Did you think the Japanese TFs in general this year were good or bad?

Good. I don't collect G1 (anymore) but MP-5 and MP-6 were brilliant. BT-18 Ligier was cool. ML Soundwave was alright too. BT-17 Black Convoy was an absolute pass tho - even for $120.

10 - Did you buy any non-transforming toys?

No.

11 - Did you buy any officially licensed (non-toy) merchandise?

Some books. The Desk Top 3 piece set.

12 - Did you buy the Movie on DVD?

No. Waiting for the inevitable Blu-ray edition. Or maybe I'll wait for the trilogy set.

13 - What are you looking forward to most in 2008?

Besides the Macross 1/60 or Mospedia and Evangelion Rebirth lines? MP-7 Starscream (hopes) and any new MP releases. Maybe some Classics 2 and Animated figures if they are reasonably priced, if not - no big loss.