Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultimate Collectors Edition Millennium Falcon for sale

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    weren't these 5 or 7 hundred dollars apiece on the shelf? your a very wealthy transformers collector if you generally have 6K spending money just lying around for "investing" in Lego

honestly though, now that it's ony available through secondary sources, it's one of those things that's hard to put a value on. The opportunity to have one, and the space to display it are priceless as it is. like a classics cliffjumper with upgrade set but not quite as severe. opportunity gone.
    hehe, yeah, I totally would've at 200% + but hindsight's always 20-20, isn't it? GP recently mentioned that with the new Millenium Falcon too, I wasn't too sure but maybe I should've when we had that Myer One deal on top of 20%.

I see the Falcon kind of like a Fort Max to most TF fans. It becomes that grail that you want so bad b/c even though it's large and clunky but it is a special milestone in one's collection. Sure, different collectors might have different goals like say Lio-Kaiser, Predaking or Star Saber / Leo Victory etc but everyone knows Fort Max is the primary grail. The Falcon I reckon is similar.

And yeah, space is a killer too with these things. I'm having a look at the new large Star Wars ship that will likely be part of next year's sale and as great as it looks, it's huge. Not sure if I could find space for it
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

These were originally $775 at Kmart.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Man, I should totally have gone out and invested in like a dozen of these.
    Which is the reason why I laybyed an imperial shuttle heh.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Which is the reason why I laybyed an imperial shuttle heh.
    I would not expect the same markup. The Shuttle is far from as iconic as the Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    These were originally $775 at Kmart.
    I remember that, it seemed so much at the time, I thought you were nuts. If I had my time again, with Christmas layby too ect.. I'd probably jump at it.

I have the new (small) one on layby at myer but I think I'll cancel it. I'm just not sure it is cool enough.

I think the new one is awesome. Haven't built it yet, but should be a fun build, and has a very cool, playset interior.