Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ghostbusters Firehouse

If I was a Ghostbusters collector I'd be all over this because it is, as the kids of today say 'totally f**kin bitchin!' But it's still pretty damn expensive, even with the detailed interior

Question to all the Lego collectors out there - what's stopping you from creating this yourself? It's only a building right?! Would it be more expensive or take too much effort?

I remember going to the Myer Lego Shows in Adelaide when I was a kid and marveling at all the creations. I'd then bug my mum to buy the 80's spaceship
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Question to all the Lego collectors out there - what's stopping you from creating this yourself? It's only a building right?! Would it be more expensive or take too much effort?
    It'd cost you a pretty penny to buy the parts from scratch and the effort required to buy that many parts also cannot be ignored.

However if you already OWN all those parts and don't really care about the custom minifigures, stickered/printed parts and few new and unique parts included in the official set then its actually about as easy as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Some of the bricks in these sets are new/been in very few sets before which makes them crazy expensive to buy in bulk (thinking the red masonry patterned bricks)

The effort to ensure you cross reference and can get everything would be time consuming, and postage would be killer too. I've found for smaller city and other non licensed sets that the price can be far cheaper because of the use of more common elements but mostly building sets without the minifigures from scratch ends up more expensive even before postage.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

LEGO Ghostbusters 75827 Firehouse Headquarters by The Brothers Brick, on Flickr

wow they can slide down the pole lol

Imagine if they made it so the car could fit inside and drive out the garage doors

It does fit inside

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

My wife bought me the car for Christmas....now I'm thinking about saving for this...