Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bumblebee Movie advance screenings in Australia DEC 14-16

Default Bumblebee Movie advance screenings in Australia DEC 14-16

On the back of the recent bad news of the cancelled screening of the Bumblebee Movie at Melbourne IMAX, here's some good news, with advance screenings in Australia, before the official December 20th release date.

As with several other countries, Australia will have some advance screenings of the Bumblebee Movie, but it's only the weekend before its general release... Friday 14th to Sunday 16th... and only at selected cinemas.

Event cinemas is where you will find the advance screenings (not at all of their cinemas) over the three days of next weekend, along with a Saturday-only screening at their outdoor "moonlight cinemas" in Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.

And if you live in Perth, you have a chance to win tickets to the advance screening, from 96FM.

Last edited by griffin; 6th December 2018 at 07:05 PM.

Victoria only has one Event cinema - the outdoor one

However Hoyts have advance screenings listed on their website for next Friday-Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Victoria only has one Event cinema - the outdoor one

However Hoyts have advance screenings listed on their website for next Friday-Sunday.

I just heard that too... but I didn't see it on their site three days ago when I was looking for advance screenings.

The Bumblebee "page" for Hoyts, but it may require you to select some cinemas first.

Only one of their three cinemas in Brisbane have the advance screening, and fortunately for me, it is near me (Sunnybank)... which is good, because Garden City Event cinema isn't doing it.
    So... Friday 4pm it is.

How did I not hear about this before it even happened - we actually had an advance screening in Sydney at the Hoyts Entertainment Quarter, Sunday night (December 9th)... still a day after America, and 4-5 days after Europe.

I seem to be really out of the loop these days from the official people, as neither Hasbro or Paramount told me about this, like they have with previous Movie events and promotions.
    I didn't even see a posting on the Bumblebee facebook page... and the photo gallery appears to be "celebrities", so must have only been for invited guests and media.
    They even had time trials of Bumblebee toys, so there were certainly some fun/fan things set up.

I miss the old days, where us fans were the ones who were actively chased up by Paramount and Hasbro to attend these sorts of things (anyone remember the 2007 Movie premiere in Sydney?).

There was a screening at Jam Factory in Melbourne last Sunday afternoon too. I saw it mentioned in an Instagram story from a local model/cosplayer (best description) including a legion toy giveaway.

It would have been invite only/press here too.

There were advance screenings in perth this past weekend. I was not invited...

How strange.... three screenings on the 9th in three cities, and I didn't know anything about them... or someone did mention it here and I missed it.

Private preview screenings usually aren’t advertised or promoted until afterwards. They don’t want the public there.

Shame that Hasbro reps didn’t get in touch

A friend pointed out that Village Doncaster has some early screenings of Bumblee from tomorrow with two showings a day.