Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBay Shipping Question

Default eBay Shipping Question

So I've won a small auction from the UK where I was quoted a shipping fee that "would be between £8-£12" for a diecast 1/24 car. Now I'm being charged £15.70 for Seller's Postage and packaging" after requesting the invoice. Do I have any realistic options here? Can the seller just charge me whatever they want for a packaging fee?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

you can insist seller to keep to his max £12 estimate i guess.
    for him to give you an over-charge of what he/she has quoted is "not as agreed"

Depending on whether you still want the item at that price, I'd either cancel or pay and leave negative feedback.

Unless the seller stated that there would be an added 'packaging/handling' cost to the shipping fee in the item description; you have a case

neg him.

and if he replies to your feedback.

reply to that.

I swear, ppl who tries to profit on shipping are the biggest tools.

Unfortunately this includes some of the more prominent tf sellers on the aus bay.

Namely,

Spottoland (tried to charge me 40 AUD for REGULAR post for something that weighs less than a kilo in a small box, and I live just a few suburbs away from this heshe). She's got 6 negs coming up. Definitely the queen of tools.

ezystyles (another world-class clown who typically tries to inflate shipping by 200-500%)

more and more sellers are just throwing out random numbers in the postage and hoping that the buyer won't give a damn or will not give a damn to prevent jeopardising the sale. And whats infuriating is that most buyers still give these sellers max stars and +ve feedback, TOP EBAYER!! A++++ EXCELLENT, WILL BUY AGAIN!! when they've just been screwed.

its funny, some sellers say they charge handling fees for tape. ok how are you going to portion that per item you ship, are you seriously gonna measure it and fraction it by the total metres of tape bought? even if you did, how much would it be?? less than 5 cents?? or will you just throw a random number and expect the buyer to accept this pathetic excuse +along with others to justify some ridiculous handling costs. apparently according to some sellers scrunching up some newspapers is also worthy for excessive P&H. I'l buy you a complete sunday telegraph, can you now please take off the excess $10 dollars shipping, thanks.

anyone that gets screwed in p&H should really stand up for themselves and let it be known. If the seller tries to play it dirty then so should you.
    Last edited by jgon2098; 25th December 2008 at 04:41 AM.

You have to take into account though some sellers will sell you an item very cheaply but mark up the postage costs to avoid ebay fees. I bought a Gundam kit this past year for only $5 but was charged a whopping $50 for postage from HK. When I asked the seller about it, that was the explanation he gave me (which made sense since the kit cost about $30 everywhere else). But in this case, this appears to be a case of profiteering. Personally, depending on how desperately you want the item, I'd just outright refuse if you can get it elsewhere cheaper, and leave him neg feedback if he does anything. Or pay for it and leave neg feedback. Either way, he's getting neg feedback unless he backs down on his postage demands.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Resurrecting this thread to inquire about ebay shipping - from the ebay item -
    Postage: US $42.18 (approx. AU $48.57) International Priority Shipping to Australia

But when I use Postage Calculator Rates http://payments.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll (from purchase history) -
    International Priority Shipping Postage & Handling: $25.44

Which will show up when I pay thru paypal?

from my experience it'll be what the seller has quoted as postage costs. I would still query that though -you could always ask him to send you out an updated total through the 'request total' option

I think the quoted shipping price is from GSP.

Yep that would be GSP.