Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 49596465666768697071 LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

A few Perth eating highlights from the last few years

Amici Mei non solo Pizza - I have a large Italian family and like most people from that background the only Italian I usually eat is my own, or my mother's or my nonna's. With that said, this is the best Italian that I have had in Perth. It's a quiet little place in Carlisle that does divine pizza and pasta. Pricing is middle of the road, but quality is top end.

RoyAls Burgers - Great American style burgers, with a few other American side dishes (cheese n mac etc). I know Johnny's Burgers in Canning Vale has a great rep, but this place blows it out of the water. They've got operations in Victoria Park and Northbridge. Relatively cheap, but bloody fantastic. Great on a date.

Ararat's Kebab's - Best kebabs going, hands down. It's something that they do to the bread. Chips always crispy. Find them in Broadway Shopping Centre, behind UWA.

Bayleaf Indian - The quality of the naan bread here is off the charts. The curries are bloody great too. They've recently relocated from Midland to Como.

Punjab - If you're looking for a good curry in Perth, this is the top of the pops. The menu is slightly more varied than the Bayleaf - they've got quite an extensive grill selection, all of the food fro which that I've experience has been incredible. Unfortunately it's all the way out in Innaloo.

Angel Falls - Tucked away in Shafto Lane in Perth, this Venezuelan restaurant is an ideal date night spot. Varied and interesting menu, delicious meat, and close to a lot of great bars.

In Memoriam - for those eateries that are no longer with us

Outlaws - More than worth the drive all the way down to Mandurah, the closing of this place has left a dearth of quality Mexican restaurants in and around Perth. The owners now attend festivals and do catering under "Senor Luis Catering" so if you see them anywhere hop on it.

Asado - Genuinely, my hand to God, the best meat I've ever eaten was at this Argentinian restaurant. I don't know if they had troubles keeping up with rent in Claremont Quarter, but it folded a few years back and was replaced with a wine bar.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Peach Coke.
    Yuck
    I tried.

Galvatran Guest

Bangers & Mash.

I know Mash is potato mash. What's a Banger?

Bangers and mash is sausages served with mashed potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Bangers & Mash.

I know Mash is potato mash. What's a Banger?
    Correction: They are both cheeky monkey brothers who go around causing mischief.

Galvatran Guest

Anyone tried a G-Banger?

There's new Doritos too. The sticky southern chicken is quite nice. Jalepeno poppers flavour was ok but not great.

Choc Top icecream sold at Coles for a limited time!

Five flavours: Vanilla, Mint, Cookies & Cream, Salted Caramel & Boysenberry. (Boysenberry not sold at VIC stores... & I'm ok with that).

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    Who's who?